Computer down and not happy

13 years 2 months ago #25847 by Baydream

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Baydream wrote: Guess 11 years in advertising/graphics/marketing took its toll on me. :slapface:

Working all those years in that field only means you are wise. :)

So I left that insanity to work in the "sane" world of IT? :toocrazy: Retirement (even with a more limited income) couldn't come soon enough. :S

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26123 by Stealthy Ninja

Baydream wrote: Glad you're "back to "normal". People who have Macs love them but they pay a dear price.

They aren't that much more expensive unless you make your on PCs... which I do.

I have 1 Mac and 2 PCs at home. Windows 7 is pretty good. Vista had issues though (still, WAY better than the dog Windows ME... that sucked). I still prefer the Mac OS though.

Of course everyone's welcome to use what they want. :)

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: www.apple.com :whistle:

Haha. I have nothing against macs, however can not afford them. And I don't normally have problems with my computer.

I know those who have macs are all into them and say they are the greatest. Well several years ago, an ex friend of mine had a mac. It crashed. My husband and I was sitting there when it happen. About a month ago a girl I know on FB had issues with her mac too.

Can't afford even this? store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/...mini?mco=MTQzMDMxODY

;)

Yeah Macs crash, but less than Windows do (from my experience). Usually the crashing is due to things like 3rd party RAM, drivers and such. I know Windows 7 is much more stable than the previous ones though.

I remember the TORTURE of editing videos on Window XP using Adobe products. IT was horrible (and what made me switch to Macs after using PCs for 10 years or so and hating/dissing macs all the time). Many the time the computer crashed causing me to lose a lot of work (it did give me the habit of saving every minute though).

Lot better now in both camps. I think now it comes down to personal choice.

Still, it's harder to get a virus on a Mac (not impossible, but harder). :whistle:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024