Computer down and not happy

13 years 2 months ago #25348 by crystal
So how was everyone's weekend? Mine was good until Sunday afternoon. All of a sudden my computer shut down. Booted it back up and it went into recovery mode. Finally got into windows and backed up everything (which took a few hours). Just so it can shut down again. urgh I am not happy. Just bought this computer in July. No reason at all it's needs to be dieing in any form. Hubby thinks it's the video card.
So now I am using hubby's computer. Good thing we have our own computers.
13 years 2 months ago #25367 by Rob pix4u2
Hope it's nothing too expensive or time consuming

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 2 months ago #25372 by Baydream
Ugh. Under warranty I hope. I am having trouble with a backup PC that keeps shutting down after I upgraded memory. I'm going to work on that issue. Mine MAY also be a video card but it is an old one.
Good luck.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #25393 by crystal
I hope it's nothing too expensive either.

I just love computers, really I do. lol
I use the computer the same way everyday and this is how it treats me. I'm glad when it shut down the first time, I wasn't doing anything on it. So far I never had a computer shut down in the middle of me working on something importrant.
13 years 2 months ago #25417 by Mike eats photos
I am sorry. It sucks when a computer is down. I hope all goes well.

13 years 2 months ago #25530 by detective
Who would have thought we'd all end up being slaves to the computer. My husband and I between us have 3, plus 2 scanners, a color printer, a B&W laser printer, copy machine, fax machine and who knows how many hubs, usb ports, flash drives, CDs, etc. I thought my retirement years would be slow and easy. I'm rushing just to stay even :woohoo:

Seriously, hope you get the computer fixed without too much trouble. I know how frustrating it can be.

13 years 2 months ago #25634 by Stealthy Ninja
13 years 2 months ago #25805 by crystal

detective wrote: Who would have thought we'd all end up being slaves to the computer. My husband and I between us have 3, plus 2 scanners, a color printer, a B&W laser printer, copy machine, fax machine and who knows how many hubs, usb ports, flash drives, CDs, etc. I thought my retirement years would be slow and easy. I'm rushing just to stay even :woohoo:

Seriously, hope you get the computer fixed without too much trouble. I know how frustrating it can be.

At one point, my husband and I had our own two computers and my husband had a laptop, 19 servers (web and email servers including backups) running Linux and Windows. 4 printers, 1 mutlifuction printer.
The servers were my husband's babies. Although I loved having them too. It was nice to have all the control on the back end of websites. Plus we design our own sites. Now this was about 4yrs ago. We were just talking about those days, we both miss having the servers and having our own computers on a domain. Back then, we had a 3 bedroom home. Master bedroom, computer room and the server room. It was nice.
13 years 2 months ago #25806 by crystal
And now we have his and my computer, his laptop. I have two monitors, he did have two, but now using one (at some point I know he'll go back to two). 4 printers...lazer, mutli, epson wide format and portable printer.
Media center (computer) hooked up to our tv. All our movies are on it and we watch netflix instantly. Also have laptop hooked up to the bedroom tv network to the media center.
13 years 2 months ago #25807 by crystal
BTW, my computer is now working just fine (until I get done writing then). lol Turns out, it was the video card.
13 years 2 months ago #25808 by crystal

Stealthy Ninja wrote: www.apple.com :whistle:

Haha. I have nothing against macs, however can not afford them. And I don't normally have problems with my computer.

I know those who have macs are all into them and say they are the greatest. Well several years ago, an ex friend of mine had a mac. It crashed. My husband and I was sitting there when it happen. About a month ago a girl I know on FB had issues with her mac too.

My husband's uncle who died a couple years ago, he had a mac and we wanted it. His uncle was into graphic design...3D. He had alot of the higher end design software so the mac would have been a nice gift. In Theory, my MIL would have gotten the mac and we would then got it. As she wouldn't know what to do with the mac. However there was some family issues and MIL never got the mac. Which sucks, but oh well.

I never really understood why to switch over to a mac (now a days) when a pc can do the same thing. I understood years ago, because windows wasn't that strong, but IMO since Vista came out I think windows gotten better. Although I am on Windows 7. I like my computer. It runs fast and good. I have a nice little set up. Believe me, I am not one to want or to live with a slow computer.

Thats one thing I've always had on top of my husband. Back when we had the servers, I told him he can do whatever he wants with the servers, but my computer will be the better, the faster etc.. out of all the computers (and it still sticks to this day). :)
13 years 2 months ago #25813 by Baydream
Glad you're "back to "normal". People who have Macs love them but they pay a dear price. I have always had concerns about all the proprietary software Macs require. With Steve Jobs being the "driver" behind Apple and his recent medical issues, I would be concerned about the future direction of the company, sort of like the derogation of Disney after Walt passed away. I have heard some analysts express the same concern.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #25818 by crystal
So far, the only thing I like about macs are the mac commericals. They are just too funny. I know they are putting down windows, but it's still funny. :rofl:

13 years 2 months ago #25835 by Baydream

cwightmanphotos wrote: So far, the only thing I like about macs are the mac commericals. They are just too funny. I know they are putting down windows, but it's still funny. :rofl:

They are funny. The sad part is that if you have to focus on putting down your competition, does that mean that you don't want to talk about how your product is better?
Guess 11 years in advertising/graphics/marketing took its toll on me. :slapface:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #25840 by crystal

Baydream wrote: Guess 11 years in advertising/graphics/marketing took its toll on me. :slapface:

Working all those years in that field only means you are wise. :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024