Hungary law requires photographers to ask permission to take pictures

10 years 1 month ago #357533 by Tuscan Muse
10 years 1 month ago #357535 by garyrhook
What a load of garbage. That country has some very strange ideas on accountability.

At least now we now where all the Nazis went. They're running things in Hungary.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #357573 by effron

Dearest casual reader and eater of fine foods,

Same link was here.  I combined the topics and deleted this link.  Thanks for playing though. ;)

Kind regards,
Stealthy Ninja

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilanee
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #357577 by garyrhook
The Muse beat you to this:

www.photographytalk.com/forum/the-lounge...ion-to-take-pictures

Dear Forum goer,

Note, this thread he's linking to is actually this one (I combined the threads). :kmonst:

Much love,
Stealthy Ninja

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #357587 by Missy J
How could that even stick and be enforced.  I think that would be a kick to the tourist community, who wants to travel somewhere where you could get in trouble for taking a photo and get in trouble because someone steps into your frame as you take a photograph.  

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #357691 by Chris Briggs
I do think so, to many moving parts

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #357733 by Leilanee
This seems ridiculous... As common courtesy I understand asking permission if a person is a clear subject and their face is in clear view... But for random pedestrians walking unknowingly into the frame?! Come on.

does this law have certain exemptions? Like, obstruction?
Also agree that I don't get how that is intended to be enforced.

sheesh

10 years 1 month ago #357735 by Hassner
We can ask the photographers of the world to unite a certain day in Budapest, specially with smaller cameras. At 10 am everyone on the street pull out their cameras and start snapping for an hour. Then jump onto/into transport and move out of the city. Then we start uploading all the shots on the internet.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #357761 by Tuscan Muse
What a great plan Hassner! Photographers March on Budapest!!!!
10 years 1 month ago #357789 by Kenta
I hope not, that will take the enjoyment out of street photography

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #357835 by Stealthy Ninja
Everytime you take a photo you have to yell out a warning?

BTW I combined the two pretty identical threads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hassner
10 years 1 month ago #358067 by Hassner
Kenta, not for the enjoyment, to prove a point to the law makers that they can not force away the freedom of photography.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #358133 by Craig Stone
Don't they have better laws to write?  More productive ways to spend government money? 

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #358483 by Karen Comella
This is funny, will never happen internationally 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024