What's on your wish list?

13 years 4 months ago #9179 by McBeth Photography
Looks a little better than my Vivitar 24mm 2.8, lol. Certainly not a need :)

It is what it is.
13 years 4 months ago #9180 by McBeth Photography
In the real world though, I'll probably end up with a 35mm 1.8 DX for a while at least until I finish my night school and electrician's apprenticeship. I heard its pretty good for those of us that are still in DXville.

It is what it is.
13 years 4 months ago #9182 by Scotty

McBeth Photography wrote: Looks a little better than my Vivitar 24mm 2.8, lol. Certainly not a need :)

More than fair enough.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9199 by P51

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I just bought my kids a black Wii

Of course we all know black is cooler than white. ;)

But not quite as cool as red. :silly:

You need to send me your friend code so we can do Smash Bro's online.

Is that like Mario Bro?

13 years 4 months ago #9224 by Rawley Photos
I would love to get a 300mm f/2.8 but would be happy with the 300mm f/4!

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9264 by BayouBelle
I would love it if Nikon would come out with a new camera body model above the D300 and NOT with video! If I'd want video, I'd buy a video camera... I've been waiting almost two years for a good high resolution upgrade from my D200... and Nikon has come up with Nadda... :whistle:

13 years 4 months ago #9265 by Scotty

BayouBelle wrote: I would love it if Nikon would come out with a new camera body model above the D300 and NOT with video! If I'd want video, I'd buy a video camera... I've been waiting almost two years for a good high resolution upgrade from my D200... and Nikon has come up with Nadda... :whistle:

d7000?

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9267 by Stealthy Ninja

BayouBelle wrote: I would love it if Nikon would come out with a new camera body model above the D300 and NOT with video! If I'd want video, I'd buy a video camera... I've been waiting almost two years for a good high resolution upgrade from my D200... and Nikon has come up with Nadda... :whistle:

D3x ;) :p
13 years 4 months ago #9273 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

D3x ;) :p

Hahaha, nice.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9281 by BayouBelle
Thanks Scotty!

The D7000 looks like it has some great new features, including the higher resolution which is what I'd like. But the reviews lead me to believe the body quality is not there and the battery can be replaced by AA's??? Hmmmmm...

It still has video...although it's HD1080! I don't like that the D7000 doesn't have a CF card slot...should have one SD and one CF...

Maybe they'll come out with a slightly better version in February... I'm thinking this D7000 is not really as good as the D700 (cheaper made).

~D~

Wishful thinking, lol...

13 years 4 months ago #9283 by BayouBelle
Oh Yea.... the D3x would be nice but unfortunately will remain on my wish list forever, lol...

13 years 4 months ago #9285 by Scotty

BayouBelle wrote: Thanks Scotty!

The D7000 looks like it has some great new features, including the higher resolution which is what I'd like. But the reviews lead me to believe the body quality is not there and the battery can be replaced by AA's??? Hmmmmm...

It still has video...although it's HD1080! I don't like that the D7000 doesn't have a CF card slot...should have one SD and one CF...

Maybe they'll come out with a slightly better version in February... I'm thinking this D7000 is not really as good as the D700 (cheaper made).

~D~

Wishful thinking, lol...

It isn't as good as the d700, and it was never meant to be. It's a d90 replacement. Do you print really large?

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9288 by Stealthy Ninja

~D~

Wishful thinking, lol...

Yeah no CF slot is a bit of a PITA.

DOn't worry about video, it's sorta here to stay and well, you can just ignore it. ;)

Since you've waited so long, I'd wait another 1/2 year or so for a D700 replacement.

BayouBelle wrote: Oh Yea.... the D3x would be nice but unfortunately will remain on my wish list forever, lol...

LOL yeah, I totally want one, but the price puts me off too. :)
13 years 4 months ago #9295 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

~D~

Wishful thinking, lol...

DOn't worry about video, it's sorta here to stay and well, you can just ignore it. ;)

Since you've waited so long, I'd wait another 1/2 year or so for a D700 replacement.

BayouBelle wrote: Oh Yea.... the D3x would be nice but unfortunately will remain on my wish list forever, lol...

I honestly don't want a d3x because it doesn't have sensor cleaning.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9298 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

~D~

Wishful thinking, lol...

I honestly don't want a d3x because it doesn't have sensor cleaning.

Would you seriously ever take your 14-24 off it if you owned one. ;) :p

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024