April Fools Day

13 years 1 month ago #40529 by crystal
Today as you know is April Fools.
What was your best April Fools trick/joke?
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #40540 by chasrich
I told my daughter she was born on April 1st. Happy Birthday Nina! I think???

She turned forty today - maybe...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 1 month ago #40575 by Scotty
Last year I got a new car, a few days before april fools day. I told my brother and parents I was pulling a joke and they were in on it. I put on facebook i couldn't believe i already wrecked my car not even owning it for a week, that i was at the hospital updating on my phone but i would update in a bit. an hour later i put up i had 2 broken ribs, collar bone etc. My brother put the room number on there. I forgot to let my cousin know who was on my facebook and she fell for it. So did 90 percent of the the people on there. :banana:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #40592 by Lori G
It wasn't April Fool's (because everyone would expect it from me), but I thought it was funny.
I worked at a bank with someone who was counting down to her 21st birthday ("Guess who's birthday is in 221 days??? Guess who's birthday is in 108 days???"). At the beginning of May, her birthday month, the countdown had reached a feverish pitch, so I decided to do something about it. After she left for the day, I informed everyone in the branch, as well as the branch down the street, her sister and a few other people, of what I intended to do. That night, I wrote a "press release", saying the governor was planning to sign a bill, raising the legal drinking age to 24, about 3 or 4 days before her birthday. Then, I printed it off, making it look like it came from an actual website. I gave it to her the next day, when she started with the countdown business. She was a little upset... She told everyone about it, including customers. She called someone from the branch down the street, who said they had heard something about it the day before (of course they did, as that's when I called them). I finally let her in on it at the very end of the day. She didn't know whether to hit me or hug me!! :P

13 years 1 month ago #40633 by Cre8tivefix
I put a piece of tape over the optic sensor of a coworker's computer mouse. On the tape I left a little note that just said "April Fools!" The joke it's self was pretty tame (as were the ones I played on other coworkers), but her reaction was the best!

She sat down to do her work, waved the mouse around a few times, started cursing, then she picked up the mouse and looked at the bottom. She saw the tape and the note and leaving it there she said "Ha ha very funny, now who did this to my mouse and how do I fix it!" This went on for a good while and someone even pointed the tape out to her a second time. She even when as far as to start calling IT when I had to finally just go over and pull the tape off for her. Everyone in the office was laughing their heads off by then. I had never intended to embarrass her like that, but good grief it was funny.

13 years 1 month ago #40635 by crystal

chasrich wrote: I told my daughter she was born on April 1st. Happy Birthday Nina! I think???

She turned forty today - maybe...

My SIL is born on April Fools. My husband gets a kick out of every year wishing her a Happy Fools Day. :rofl:
13 years 1 month ago #40636 by crystal

Scotty wrote: Last year I got a new car, a few days before april fools day. I told my brother and parents I was pulling a joke and they were in on it. I put on facebook i couldn't believe i already wrecked my car not even owning it for a week, that i was at the hospital updating on my phone but i would update in a bit. an hour later i put up i had 2 broken ribs, collar bone etc. My brother put the room number on there. I forgot to let my cousin know who was on my facebook and she fell for it. So did 90 percent of the the people on there. :banana:

OMG. lol So what car did you get?
13 years 1 month ago #40637 by crystal

Lori G wrote: It wasn't April Fool's (because everyone would expect it from me), but I thought it was funny.
I worked at a bank with someone who was counting down to her 21st birthday ("Guess who's birthday is in 221 days??? Guess who's birthday is in 108 days???"). At the beginning of May, her birthday month, the countdown had reached a feverish pitch, so I decided to do something about it. After she left for the day, I informed everyone in the branch, as well as the branch down the street, her sister and a few other people, of what I intended to do. That night, I wrote a "press release", saying the governor was planning to sign a bill, raising the legal drinking age to 24, about 3 or 4 days before her birthday. Then, I printed it off, making it look like it came from an actual website. I gave it to her the next day, when she started with the countdown business. She was a little upset... She told everyone about it, including customers. She called someone from the branch down the street, who said they had heard something about it the day before (of course they did, as that's when I called them). I finally let her in on it at the very end of the day. She didn't know whether to hit me or hug me!! :P

:rofl: that's really good and mean. lol
13 years 1 month ago #40745 by Joves
Well I was the April Fool today for working. It never fails that things screw up on Fridays and, it being AFD only magnified it. I always have better luck with Friday the 13ths.

13 years 1 month ago #40961 by Martin
So did anyone get a good April fools played on them?

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #41081 by Stealthy Ninja

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Latest Articles

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024