Do you think photography is a addiction? How long ago since you picked up your camera?

13 years 3 months ago #9789 by luckywish1
i pick up my camera every week and every day too. and i go for walks too. Never go anywhere without your camera that for sure i learned the hard way on that one. the best sunset happen sometime when i dont have my camera in the car. how many of you travel everyday and sometime you forgot your camera

13 years 3 months ago #9860 by P51
I'm guilty of picking up my camera earlier and was changing some settings in the menu area. :lol:

13 years 3 months ago #9864 by Scotty

P51 wrote: I'm guilty of picking up my camera earlier and was changing some settings in the menu area. :lol:

Mine is charging right now. I haven't charged it anywhere between 3 weeks to a month.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #9870 by canon4me
you guys are all funny with your answers..... Hello, my name is sue and I'm a photoHolic : )..it has been 1 day since I've used my camera, and I take my camera's with me whenever I leave the house...and I won't let my husband carry them. I have too! they stay in the backpack where its warm and I clean there faces quite often!

13 years 3 months ago #10090 by Simon Says

Scotty wrote:

P51 wrote: I'm guilty of picking up my camera earlier and was changing some settings in the menu area. :lol:

Mine is charging right now. I haven't charged it anywhere between 3 weeks to a month.

That is what multiple batteries are for ;)

As for me. My name is Simon and I'm a photoHOLIC! :lol:

It has been only a few hours since I have picked up my camera!

13 years 3 months ago #10732 by Scotty

Simon Says wrote:

Scotty wrote:

That is what multiple batteries are for ;)

As for me. My name is Simon and I'm a photoHOLIC! :lol:

It has been only a few hours since I have picked up my camera!

My batteries are like 130 bucks. They usually last for a week or 2 though.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10911 by crystal
Hello Everyone. My name is Crystal and I'm addicted to photography. The last time I picked up my camera was a day ago. I am also itching and dieing to have the new Nikon D7000.
13 years 3 months ago #10912 by crystal
I have a good location for my camera. It sits in the bag, on the floor next to me (in front of my desk). I'm really happy it's there, because a couple of times a hawk landed in my neighbors tree and I quickly grab the camera, switch on my 500mm and started shooting. (I live in town, so it's not like the country side to see all kinds of animals (which I miss living in the country). The one day this same hawk showed up, he landed on our fence. I grab my camera, my husband grab his. I'm trying to zoom, but the lens locked up. There is a lock/unlock on the lens, but it was not unlocking. I was not happy. My husband took my camera to try to fix it, I quickly took his camera (he has the same lens) and I got one shot of the hawk before it flew off. lol

After the hawk left, my lens worked just fine. lol
13 years 3 months ago #11521 by Stealthy Ninja

cwightmanphotos wrote: Hello Everyone. My name is Crystal and I'm addicted to photography. The last time I picked up my camera was a day ago. I am also itching and dieing to have the new Nikon D7000.

I considered the D7000 as a telephoto camera (to give me a bit more reach than the D3s can give). But for me personally it's a touch too small. Good camera of course, but I think I'll pick up a D300 2nd hand instead (or perhaps wait for the D400).

One camera I'm definitely gonna get is the D700 replacement (D700s or D800 whatever comes next). :D

14-24 2.8 is the next on my list though. To complete the Nikon 2.8 Zoom Trinity.
13 years 3 months ago #11645 by crystal

Joves wrote: Well I alwyas have my D300 with me but dont always shoot. So no Im not addicted. I do carry it though because everytime I havent had a camera with me there was always a shot. The worst one was when I went to use the bathroom on a jobsite and there was a bobcat sitting about 100 feet from me checking me out. He didnt even take off so, even if Im hitting the bathroom it goes with me.

I know what you mean about animals within site and no camera. I lost count how many times that has happen to me. It really sucks.
13 years 3 months ago #11647 by crystal

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote: Hello Everyone. My name is Crystal and I'm addicted to photography. The last time I picked up my camera was a day ago. I am also itching and dieing to have the new Nikon D7000.

I considered the D7000 as a telephoto camera (to give me a bit more reach than the D3s can give). But for me personally it's a touch too small. Good camera of course, but I think I'll pick up a D300 2nd hand instead (or perhaps wait for the D400).

One camera I'm definitely gonna get is the D700 replacement (D700s or D800 whatever comes next). :D

14-24 2.8 is the next on my list though. To complete the Nikon 2.8 Zoom Trinity.

Well for me the D7000 won't be small, not coming from a D80. lol Maybe the D7000 will look better with the monster Sigma 50-500 I have. lol The d80 looks like a P&S when that lens is on. lol
13 years 3 months ago #12096 by Stealthy Ninja

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Well for me the D7000 won't be small, not coming from a D80. lol Maybe the D7000 will look better with the monster Sigma 50-500 I have. lol The d80 looks like a P&S when that lens is on. lol

Oh yeah the 50-500 that's a lens I'm actually considering (the new OS version)... though I'll probably go for the 300 f/4 instead.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024