Thinktank vs Lowpro

13 years 1 month ago #41844 by Scuba Mike
Has there been any 3rd part comparisons between the Thinktank Airport security V2.0 rolling camera bag vs the Lowepro Pro Roller x200? Both are suppose to be good for carry on right? How is the space used in each? Durability?

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #41855 by Stealthy Ninja
IMHO thinktank stuff is better than lowepro.

I've used both and thinktank are better made and better designed.
13 years 1 month ago #41932 by Stacy Kaufman
I just ordered a Sling-O-Matci 30 from Thinktank. I was told these bags are very well made. Will see, I'm suppose to get the bag early next week some time. :banana:

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #43015 by Monster

Stealthy Ninja wrote: IMHO thinktank stuff is better than lowepro.

How so? I was shopping for a new bag, so interested to hear this one :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #43143 by Stealthy Ninja

Monster wrote:

How so? I was shopping for a new bag, so interested to hear this one :thumbsup:

Thinktank are designed by photographers (with designers) so they have features and designs that are really useful to photographers, like they all come with rain covers, they often have business card holders built in etc. etc.

Lowepro is OK, some people like them better. However I find their designs to be more chunky and less well thought out.
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #74409 by Stealthy Ninja
Just bumping this thread because I noticed Think Tank is now a site sponsor.

Excellent products (I own a belt, harness, two hosters, street walker pro back pack, one "75" lens holder, Retrospective 20, R U Thirsty drink holder, chimp cage skin and Lightening Fast Flash holder. I'm planning on buying another bigger backpack from you guys too)!

Welcome Think Tank.
12 years 11 months ago #74571 by Prago

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Just bumping this thread because I noticed Think Tank is now a site sponsor.

Excellent products (I own a belt, harness, two hosters, street walker pro back pack, one "75" lens holder, Retrospective 20, R U Thirsty drink holder, chimp cage skin and Lightening Fast Flash holder. I'm planning on buying another bigger backpack from you guys too)!

Welcome Think Tank.

Good testimonial, what do you think of their Airport Security bag?

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #74583 by Baydream

Prago wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Just bumping this thread because I noticed Think Tank is now a site sponsor.

Welcome Think Tank.

Two competing site sponsors. This could get interesting. :catfight:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #75313 by Kiss a Frog
What is thinkthank? do they sell only camera bags?

12 years 11 months ago #75333 by chasrich
look at the bottom of the sponsors on this page - lower left corner on my monitor is Thinktank. www.thinktankphoto.com/

Dive in... :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #75375 by bhowdy

I agree with the Ninja ... I have Lowepro, Tamrac and Think Tank stuff. The build quality, the space considerations,etc all seem better to me on my TT bags, than the others. I have the Think Tank Airport Security which has been worth every dollar that I spent on it.

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

12 years 11 months ago #76233 by Stealthy Ninja

Prago wrote:

Welcome Think Tank.

It looks good, quite heavy (mainly because of the rollers). If I traveled by air a lot I'd buy one.

I'm actually thinking of getting the Airport Addicted™ The addicted is lighter and quite large, but doesn't have the wheels. Then again the Security doesn't have the backpack straps.
www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-addicted-backpack.aspx

My other possible choice is the Airport Takeoff:
www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-...ller-camera-bag.aspx

This one has the following specs:
ID: 13”W x 18.5”H x 5.25 – 6.75”D (33 x 47 x 13 – 17cm)
ED: 14”W x 21”H x 8”D (35.5 x 53 x 22cm)
Weight: 8.6 – 10.3 lbs (3.9 – 4.7 kg) (depending on accessories used)

If I compare it to the Addicted:
ID: 20” H x13.5” W x 6.5” D (50.5 x 34.5 x 16.5 cm)
ED: 21” H x14” W x 8” D (53.5 x 35.5 x 20.5 cm)
Laptop Case ID: 11” W x 15” H x 2” D (27.9cm W x 38.1cm H x 4.4cm D) Laptop case holds 15" laptop but outer laptop compartment holds up-to a 17” laptop.
4.2 lbs/1.9 kg – 6.5 lbs/3 kg

The addicted is bigger and weighs less, but if I wanted to roll it about, I couldn't.

So yeah, still thinking.

As for Lowepro and Think Tank both being site sponsors. This is a good thing. They'll work harder for our attention. ;)

Don't forget Clik Elite, Case Cruzer and Vanguard. They all make good bags/cases and are all site sponsors. :)

IMHO Vanguard is my equal second favourite bag maker (equal with Crumpler).
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #76253 by MLKstudios
Great! Now I have to compete with U-Haul for photography classes. :(

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 11 months ago #76297 by Stealthy Ninja

MLKstudios wrote: Great! Now I have to compete with U-Haul for photography classes. :(

yeh I noticed that. Alex must be a smooth talker.

Moves house and gets a U-Haul Sponsorship.
12 years 11 months ago #76977 by bhowdy
Ninja - The Airport Security does have backpack type straps on it .... Well, sort of, kind of .... from their site;

Emergency shoulder straps. There are circumstances, such as stairs and gravel, when a roller does not work. That’s precisely why we include “emergency” shoulder straps. Although this roller is not intended to be used regularly as a backpack, the straps are there just in case. They are removable, allowing you to store them in the main compartment.

:banana:

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024