Best Photo Editing Software

6 years 1 month ago #586716 by Stephen-DiMaio
Hi All,

I am new here so I am not sure if even posting in correct sub forum. I will soon be getting a new dell laptop to edit the photos I take on my DSLR. I need feedback as to what the best possible editing software is out there for a windows and how much it costs. Looking to increase the number of photos I take this summer. Thanks in advance 

6 years 1 month ago #586791 by Shadowfixer1
Subscribe to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. $9.99 a month and it's always updated with the latest they have. It's a steep learning curve at first but there are many free tutorials out there. If you don't want to do that, get Photoshop Elements to get your feet wet. It's $70. 
6 years 1 month ago #586812 by garyrhook
Define "best"?

You might want to look at On1 RAW, Capture One, and LR. All have free trials (of varying lengths). DarkTable for opensource solutions (still needs work). Affinity. Luminar. Polarr. Google is your friend.

You will serve yourself well by taking the time to evaluate the candidates one at a time, and figure out what you like/dislke about each. Then make a decision.

As for price, that can easily be found on the web. You're looking at $100 - $150 for typical license. The Adobe Photoshop CC license at $10/month is your very best value, and you'll never outgrow LR and PS as a team. To put $10/mo into context, that's the price of an inexpensive lunch out once a month.

Do a web search, find some candidates, and do some research.

Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #592303 by Nikon Shooter

garyrhook wrote: Define "best"?

After a long and intensive search, I decides to stay away from
"presets" software as they don't learn one to cook.

At this point, and since some time already, I use Capture One.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #592347 by KCook
I switched from LR to ACDSee. But that's just me, editor selection can be very personal. As already suggested, download as many trials as you can stomach. Pick your own poison.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

6 years 1 week ago #592348 by Nikon Shooter

KCook wrote: Pick your own poison.

I like that!  :cheer:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #592445 by Pettigrew
It's funny, 10 years ago 90% of all my editing was done in Photoshop.  Now days, it's 90% in Lightroom.  Lightroom is very powerful and easy to use.  

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #746430 by isabellasophie
I am also here for the recommendations .

1 year 6 months ago #747211 by Pat White

Pettigrew wrote: It's funny, 10 years ago 90% of all my editing was done in Photoshop.  Now days, it's 90% in Lightroom.  Lightroom is very powerful and easy to use.  

:agree:   nearly all my editing is via Lightroom these days  

6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #760525 by isabellasophie

Stephen-DiMaio wrote: Hi All,

I am new here so I am not sure if even posting in correct sub forum. I will soon be getting a new dell laptop to edit the photos I take on my DSLR. I need feedback as to what the best possible editing software is Lightroom mod APK  for windows and how much it costs. Looking to increase the number of photos I take this summer. Thanks in advance 

What software does everyone use for the best results and ease of use. for video and pictures for EVO 2 Pro? Also why?

5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #761309 by isabellasophie

You might want to look at On1 RAW, Capture One, and LR. All have free trials (of varying lengths). DarkTable for opensource solutions (still needs work). Affinity. Luminar. Polarr. Google is your friend.

You will serve yourself well by taking the time to evaluate the candidates one at a time, and figure out what you like/dislke about each. Then make a decision.

As for price, that can easily be found on the web. You're looking at $100 - $150 for typical license. The Adobe Photoshop CC license at $10/month is your very best  online face swapping , and you'll never outgrow LR and PS as a team. To put $10/mo into context, that's the price of an inexpensive lunch out once a month.

Hello. I'd love to edit my photos slightly. What is the best software for a not-complete beginner? I have been thinking about Lightroom. Thanks

1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #764858 by isabellasophie

isabellasophie wrote:

As for price, that can easily be found on the web. You're looking at $100 - $150 for typical license. The Adobe Photoshop CC license at $10/month is your very best  lightroom mod
, and you'll never outgrow LR and PS as a team. To put $10/mo into context, that's the price of an inexpensive lunch out once a month.

Hello. I'd love to edit my photos slightly. What is the best software for a not-complete beginner? I have been thinking about Lightroom. Thanks

Are there any free photo editing programs for mac that are as good as photo shop and lightroom, but dont cost money or as little as possible? Cheers

1 month 2 weeks ago #764859 by Scotty

isabellasophie wrote:

isabellasophie wrote:

As for price, that can easily be found on the web. You're looking at $100 - $150 for typical license. The Adobe Photoshop CC license at $10/month is your very best  lightroom mod
, and you'll never outgrow LR and PS as a team. To put $10/mo into context, that's the price of an inexpensive lunch out once a month.

Are there any free photo editing programs for mac that are as good as photo shop and lightroom, but dont cost money or as little as possible? Cheers

Gimp is free, and I think you can use it on mac?

10 dollars a month is nothing for what you get with photoshop/lightroom package. It's the standard for a reason. Lightroom is good to start if it's overwhelming to you.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II has been unveiled, but it has a hefty price tag. If it’s out of your budget, the original Canon EOS R5 is a fantastic option. Learn more about it in this guide!

Jul 18, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

You need to try unique newborn photography ideas from time to time to keep your inspiration levels up. With the ideas in this guide, you can do just that!

Jul 17, 2024

What is the best landscape lens for photography - a prime or a zoom? The answer is a little murky, as it depends on the specific situation. Learn more about these lenses in this detailed guide!

Jul 16, 2024

Lightning photography is a tricky beast, but with the right tips, tricks, and tools, you can make the most of the next storm that rolls through. Learn some essential techniques in this guide!

Jul 16, 2024