Do you do Adobe Creative Cloud?

2 years 5 months ago #731632 by Otto F
Man I hate subscriptions.   If you hate subscriptions, which plan are you going with?  Regarding Adobe of course? 

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #731637 by Nikon Shooter
I sold all my adobe stuff a decade + back and haven't look back ever.
It took a short while for other companies to developed new softwares
that are perfectly replacing them and that I have been using in my tra-
de since.

Now, I own my software licences including updates unlimited in time.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #732004 by r1ch

Otto F wrote: Man I hate subscriptions.   If you hate subscriptions, which plan are you going with?  Regarding Adobe of course? 

Software is not a service it is a product which you purchase, not rent . I don't use Adobe cloud. I don't own office 365. I just bought office 2016 for cheap. As far as photogaphy, I go with On1 Photo Raw. It has everything. It is a raw editor. unlike lightroom has layers and layer blending modes like photoshop but is non destructive, has filters like photoshop (though not as many). It has HDR, photo stitching. They bought Genuine fractures for doing resizing. They have denoise AI which is similar to Topaz AI noise reduction. You can get it for $79 on sale. It is an end to end photo editing  solution. Lightroom needs photoshop to be an end to end solution. But if you are a graphic artist and need photoshop, I use Affinity photo for a Photoshop replacement(which I purchase for $39 on sale at Christmas 2 years ago . Unless of course you want the millionaires controlling your life like Klaus Schwab, who said at the World Economic Forum "By 2030 you’ll owe nothing and be happy about it!" Bill Gates wants this too, pretty soon you will not be able to turn on your computer unless you paid your monthly payment for your computers operation system (Window 10 or Mac OS). It is coming, don't buy into it.

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #732012 by Scotty
Yeah I  use Adobe CC. It's cheap and it's the best photo editing software around. There's a reason why it's what professionals at high level are all using.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shadowfixer1
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #732013 by r1ch

Scotty wrote: Yeah I  use Adobe CC. It's cheap and it's the best photo editing software around. There's a reason why it's what professionals at high level are all using.

There is no doubt Adobe is the first, the best. It has been around the longest and has had a constant stream of money pumped into it. Professionals can write it off. Fortunately despite that the alternatives are getting much better with less money and less staff. Adobe is a monopoly and that is not good for the consumer. But now the competition raises the bar and the product improves and non pros don't have the lights shut off if they don't make their monthly payment

2 years 5 months ago #732040 by Nikon Shooter

Scotty wrote: Yeah I  use Adobe CC. It's cheap and it's the best photo editing software around. There's a reason why it's what professionals at high level are all using.

Possibly on given markets but in Europe I see other choices.

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #732041 by Nikon Shooter

r1ch wrote: There is no doubt Adobe is the first, the best

No longer the only choice, 
no longer the best… by a good margin.

Photo Comments
2 years 5 months ago #732046 by r1ch

Nikon Shooter wrote:

r1ch wrote: There is no doubt Adobe is the first, the best

No longer the only choice, 
no longer the best… by a good margin.

I agree, there are now choices. I don't use PS/LR so you won't get an argument out of me.

2 years 5 months ago #732047 by Nikon Shooter

r1ch wrote: … you won't get an argument out of me.

Was not looking for one, just happy to see I'm not alone! :P

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Black and white nature photography is a fun, yet challenging pursuit that allows you to focus viewers’ attention on the textures and patterns of nature. The result? A gorgeous stripped-down representation of nature.

Jul 07, 2024

The Vanguard Alta Sky 42 is a brand-new camera backpack that’s compact and affordable, yet holds an astonishing amount of gear. Read up on my first impressions here!

Jul 07, 2024

The Canon EOS 7D Mark II might not have the biggest sensor or the best video capabilities, but its mix of photography and video specs and a budget price make it well worth your consideration.

Jul 07, 2024

Growing plants takes a ton of time and patience, but with these new timelapses, you can see plants of all kinds grown in quick order!

Jul 03, 2024

The Canon EOS M ecosystem is full of lightweight, compact mirrorless cameras that offer a more affordable option than Canon’s EOS R family of cameras. Which EOS M camera is right for you?

Jul 01, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

Working as a professional photographer can be a creatively fulfilling and financially lucrative career.

Jun 27, 2024

Using EF lenses on your RF camera body is a no-brainer. With a Canon EF to RF adapter, you can tap into the vast array of EF lenses and save money while filling out your kit.

Jun 26, 2024