Dawn before last... CC please

12 years 7 months ago #141206 by chasrich

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #141207 by MLKstudios
Wow, chas! Impressive.

Did you mean to turn the second one sideways?

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #141210 by Dori
Stunning shots! You did a wonderful job with these. I must admit the vertical kind of gives me a cramp in my neck. :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 7 months ago #141212 by Papabear63
awesome picture Chas! :judge:

12 years 7 months ago #141215 by fotozone
I have one word: WOW, but I am curious as to why the second is sidways.
12 years 7 months ago #141216 by Dori
He did it on purpose...:whistle:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 7 months ago #141220 by chasrich
Hi everyone - did I fail to explain the second sideways photo??? It is the same shot only flipped to show more detail. Feel free to ignore it or if you prefer tip your monitor on its side and enjoy the view... :rofl:

Thanks for all the comments. This is a three panel pano. It would have been four panel but I had the lens cap on for the first exposure... :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #141223 by Shanna-Marie
Hey, I just saw this on facebook..... I love this Rich, I could spend hours gazing at this scene. Of course, I'd look at the first one, don't want to go through the rest of my life with my head cocked off to the side.:side: You did an awesome job on this my friend, it's gorgeous! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 7 months ago #141252 by John Landolfi
:thumbsup: :judge:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #141254 by butterflygirl921
i absolutely love it chas it's really cool! :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

12 years 7 months ago #141261 by Towcestermark
I can't admit to being a landscape lover and usually skip them by, but every so often you see a shot that is beautiful, you take a few moments to take it in, then you explore around the shot, maybe to find fault or just gaze at the beauty.

And yes, I did tip the laptop over to view shot 2, I've got to say, that is a stunning shot, can't explain why, wouldn't even try, just accept it. Brilliant shot Chas, loved it

12 years 7 months ago #141280 by bernie-d
:thumbsup:

bernie-d
12 years 7 months ago #141325 by Baydream

chasrich wrote: Hi everyone - did I fail to explain the second sideways photo??? It is the same shot only flipped to show more detail. Feel free to ignore it or if you prefer tip your monitor on its side and enjoy the view... :rofl:

Thanks for all the comments. This is a three panel pano. It would have been four panel but I had the lens cap on for the first exposure... :woohoo:

I think it was the too much Tequila effect on the second shot. That;s how the pic came out of the camera from a prone position. :side: .

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #141341 by MLKstudios
chas, the color is great. Ready for some Jay?

studio.jaymaisel.com/collections/portfolio

You can easily see the connection to Saul Leiter.

vimeo.com/18304674

Both break all the rules.

:)

BTW an artist doesn't "steal". We borrow, or get inspired by. When you need to be inspired, simply borrow from the great ones. Those who are already on the train.

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #141352 by Joiemagic
Love it Chas... :judge: :judge: :judge: especially the vertical view... and the colors.... And no, I am not turning my head sideways or the monitor either... Just taking it in as an original abstract image.... not as a sideways landscape photo... I'll tell you, if you had just posted the vertical view, you may have had people wondering.... "What the hell is that....?"

What pano pgm are you using?

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024