Piece of cake... CC please.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #149520 by chasrich
Our county seat has a nice building. Cylindrical in shape with a Chattahoochee stone exterior it gets decorated at Christmas like a giant toy drum.

I never thought much more than that about it. What I didn't know was this birthday cake shaped building has the real frosting on the inside...

I like to think I learn from my mistakes. If that is true, I learned a lot yesterday. I need a wide angle lens - not just for landscapes but also for interior shots like this. I could also add more to some shots with additional experience in HDR. These were really my first serious attempt at architectural photography. I could use any and all criticism... Thanks.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #149522 by Baydream
Well done perspective shots, Charles.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #149523 by MLKstudios
You really worked the subject, chas. Some strong lines and comps.

Well done! :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #149539 by Shadowfixer1
Numbers 3 and 5 are very nice. Good job!!
12 years 7 months ago #149590 by rmeyer7
Your photos make me want to see (and shoot) this building! :thumbsup:

12 years 7 months ago #149593 by Nikonjan
I love building shots and abstracts. Good eye. :judge:

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #149609 by icepics
Wow! I don't think you need wide angle or HDR, these are awesome. I like the third and last ones the best I think but they're all excellent.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #149618 by rob vorderman
Very nice series chasrich.
I have a wide angle lens but hardly use it, buy a HDR program instead. :)

Rob.

12 years 7 months ago #149622 by fotozone
I would have never guessed this was your first attempt at architecture photography. Very well done.
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #149628 by KCook
Pretty cool :thumbsup:

... need a wide angle lens ...

When I started looking for a WA for my Canon 50D it was for a 12 or 15mm. Never, ever, thought I'd get any use out of something as crazy wide as 10mm. But the price for the Sigma 10-20 was right, so I figured "what the heck". Glad I went that way, find I'm using 10mm more than I ever expected. Different strokes for different folks.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 7 months ago #149709 by VT Hiker
A couple of them could potentially benefit from HDR - such as the last one, but I think the exposures are fine the way they are.

What I would do is remove the recessed lights. They bug me, and they could be removed in a couple minutes, so that is the only thing that I would worry about.

Overall nice compositions.

Every moment of light and dark is a miracle. - Walt Whitman
12 years 7 months ago #149717 by Scotty
These are your breakthrough photos.

How does it feel to find your photographers eye?

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #149749 by Shanna-Marie
Wow! Rich, these are awesome shots-really fantastic perspectives too. Looks like you had a good day yesterday. Hey, I've got a Tamron ultra wide angle that I'm not using anymore-is that anything you might be interested in? Let me know please. :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 7 months ago #149751 by Scotty

KCook wrote: Pretty cool :thumbsup:

... need a wide angle lens ...

When I started looking for a WA for my Canon 50D it was for a 12 or 15mm. Never, ever, thought I'd get any use out of something as crazy wide as 10mm. But the price for the Sigma 10-20 was right, so I figured "what the heck". Glad I went that way, find I'm using 10mm more than I ever expected. Different strokes for different folks.

Kelly

Your field of view is 16mm with that lens on your cam, so you're not exactly going as wide as you think. :P

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #149766 by M.A. Russell Images
I can't be of much help Rich...But I know what I like and these shots are very well done as far as I can see :banana:

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024