High Shoals Falls

5 years 1 month ago #633519 by Shadowfixer1
5 years 1 month ago #633520 by Nikon Shooter
Awesome rendition, Randy! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633631 by Suni Park
The falls looks very high. Good foreground of the shot. 

5 years 1 month ago #633692 by spudalicious
I'm loving those Autumn colors!

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633699 by Shadowfixer1
I have to confess. This is a springtime shot that I converted to an Autumn shot in Lightroom. The leaves were a bright green.
5 years 1 month ago #634265 by Kyle Johnson
Well... Beautifully rendered then. It is still a good waterfall shot. 

5 years 1 month ago #634272 by Stefan-Olsson
Spring or fall, doesnt change what the viewer thinks or feels:)....As far as I am concerned at least. Good stuff

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #634881 by Hannah Williams
Looks really high waterfall. It is very creative as well to make it an autumn vibe. Would you like to share the original colors? 

5 years 1 month ago #634953 by Shadowfixer1

Hannah Williams wrote: Looks really high waterfall. It is very creative as well to make it an autumn vibe. Would you like to share the original colors? 

Here it is with minimal processing.

5 years 1 month ago #634980 by razashaikh
Such a Highly and colorful waterfall. It feels of the spring season.

5 years 1 month ago #635229 by Steve Rodriguez
Nice colors for the original shot. But I refer the spring fall vibe. The contrast of the waterfall from the background is a standout. In the original shot, I am more drawn to the colors of the trees than the waterfall. 

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #635277 by GaryA
Really really nice and super processing.  What a great place to shoot.  Steve makes a good point about the viewer's eye being drawn to the red of the leaves.  I like the more natural color of the water/sand in the second image than the reddish color of the first.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 month ago #635294 by Shadowfixer1
Thanks for the comments though I disagree. The original spring version is blah to me. I wouldn't pause and look at that image hardly at all. Yes, it's natural but too plain to grab most people's attention. 
5 years 1 month ago #635493 by Bobby Mitchell
Yeah! I think the processed version is much better here. It helped emphasized the beauty of the falls and at the same time the other details accented a really good fall vibe. 

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024