I Heart Nature

1 month 1 week ago #672899 by stevendillonphoto
I Heart Nature is from my Flora collection and was composed at Hitchcock Woods in Aiken, SC.  I wanted as much detail as I could get on the leaf surface, but, at the same time, I needed to limit the detail in the background.  In a situation such as this, your Depth Of Field preview functionality (if your camera has that capability) will pay for itself.  That will allow you to keep making adjustments until you have got the necessary compromise between subject and background dialed in.

https://www.stevendillonphoto.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #672901 by Suni Park
This is really beautiful. The shape is perfect and the color is vibrant. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevendillonphoto

1 month 1 week ago #672932 by Nikon Shooter

Suni Park wrote: and the color is vibrant. 

Yes, vibrant to looking not so natural, Steven?

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

1 month 6 days ago #673036 by Bobby Mitchell
The shape is very creative.

1 month 4 days ago #673178 by Pitter
Image certainly fits the title. Would be nice to know the plant. You were on another forum I visited but seem to have disappeared. Can't remember which forum though.

1 month 3 days ago #673234 by Daryl Flores
Yeah! Good caption and certainly good shot. 

1 month 2 days ago #673432 by [email protected]
Great composition. The DOF is perfect. The symmetry of nature is always a "best" shot!!

Photo Comments

1 month 1 day ago #673512 by Sara Miles
The colors are bit too much for me, but other than that, everything is fine, 

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020

Latest Articles

The holy trinity of landscape photography lenses includes three zooms - a wide-angle, a standard, and a telephoto. If you can fill out your kit with these lenses, you'll be sitting pretty!

Feb 20, 2020

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

Making great videos requires that you have the capability to record superb sound. Get critical audio recording tips in this tutorial on audio tips for videographers.

Feb 19, 2020

With these urban photography tips you'll have a better idea of the gear you need and the compositional choices to make in order to get the best shots.

Feb 18, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020