Study in water physics

2 years 11 months ago #716267 by db3348
Inspired by Ozzie_Traveller's recent post " when you have nothing better to do " on water dripping ,

Don't know how these will display ,  because they are quite small file sizes,

Was interested in the mechanics / physics of water tension and the change in the shape of the drip .

Photo Comments
Attachments:
2 years 11 months ago #716268 by Nikon Shooter
Your next step, David, is to extend your research field to whiskey! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #716334 by Eshan Rachit
Hilarious! I like the details here! Also, leave a space every after photo. 

2 years 11 months ago #716392 by peterock33
Right on db.  I was expecting a third shot of a full glass of water showing the bubble above the rim caused by surface tension.

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #716988 by Bobby Mitchell
I like the creativity of the shots! Awesome! 

2 years 11 months ago #717002 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day David

You say 'inspired by ozzie_traveller'................ that is a worry mate :p

Actually - it's beaut to see you / others experimenting with any of the 1001 things around the house where we usually are too busy / absorbed / far away / to take much notice of. In this case, a dripping tap provides the opening for your experiments, and you have created some interesting results. Keep going and pl show us some more

As to our mate NS's suggestion of "whiskey", I shall leave that for you to decide :)

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #717284 by db3348
Thank you all .

Unfortunately ,  NS ,  alchohol is off limits for me these days ,  and  it  would be  such a shame to have to throw out a bottle of Johnny Walker   just to get some photos - guess I'll stick with water and cordial .

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717286 by Nikon Shooter
I am no drinker as such, David, but a taster… :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024