Peacock Butterfly

12 years 9 months ago #111769 by Turbogirlie
I am really happy with this shot - not often I feel proud of an image!

Luv Turbogirlie

xxx

Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #111815 by photobod
Very nice catch young lady, love the color and it is nice and sharp. :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

The following user(s) said Thank You: Turbogirlie
12 years 9 months ago #111947 by Dori
Well done! I love the colors! :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 9 months ago #111959 by Baydream
Excellent. I agree the colours are stunning.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #111983 by chasrich
Great catch on this... I can see why they named it peacock.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #112034 by MeganPearson
Beautiful! I've been chasing one lonesome Monarch in my yard for the past four days with no such luck...great capture!

12 years 9 months ago #112618 by Turbogirlie

MeganPearson wrote: Beautiful! I've been chasing one lonesome Monarch in my yard for the past four days with no such luck...great capture!

:rofl: Good luck Megan - they are hard to capture aren't they? This one was very photogenic - took something like 20 images with the standard 14-42mm Olympus four thirds lens & was real close - a real poseur of a butterfly!

Luv Turbogirlie

xxx

12 years 9 months ago #112656 by Turbogirlie
For comparison, here's the original image, completely unedited. You can see that I cropped the photo to give a much closer perspective of the peacock, some minor editing & increased the clarity to make the 'silver' on the thistle stand out.

Luv Turbogirlie

xxx

Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #112672 by TheNissanMan
Stunning colours and nice contrast with the thistle, out of curiosity how close can it be cropped and keep the detail on the butterfly?

12 years 9 months ago #112908 by Turbogirlie

TheNissanMan wrote: Stunning colours and nice contrast with the thistle, out of curiosity how close can it be cropped and keep the detail on the butterfly?

I'm thinking that it could be cropped just to show the butterfly & the thistle flower it's on, and will do this to see what the result is.

Luv Turbogirlie

xxx

12 years 9 months ago #112913 by Turbogirlie
Closest crop I can achieve, but I think that the loss of the rest of the shot now detracts from the image. For me, I prefer the image I first posted. Be interested on others thoughts & comments!

Luv Turbogirlie

xxx

Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #113119 by TheNissanMan
Your right to tight a crop, somewhere in the middle I think would be absolutely gorgeous as there is some good detail on the butterfly :)

12 years 9 months ago #113122 by martinwf
beautiful photo, well captured

©MWFphotography all rights reserved
12 years 9 months ago #113123 by martinwf
ya i agree maybe just cropping the foreground thistle would be enough, just a thought !

©MWFphotography all rights reserved

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024