Dancing at Dawn...

12 years 8 months ago #123359 by chasrich
It was quiet as it often is in the early morning. I had gotten to my position early and was waiting for the dawn to come. Out west it started to grow lighter and I was able to catch the early drama of the day with the often ignored light show in front of the rising sun...

Moments later the expected sun came up...

The bird that showed up for the sunrise portrait came right over to me expecting his pay no doubt. I'll have to bring some treats next time...

The clouds out west in the mean time have been moving towards the east with surprising speed. I was waiting to see the sun set behind them when the rains came. Still I got this dramatic shot...

On the way home I wondered - did I have as much fun with the sunrise as it apparently had with me? Even with the windshield wipers slapping the rain away I knew it was going to be another good day.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #123362 by robbie
Some awesome images Charles,love the exposure of the Egret.

12 years 8 months ago #123370 by Dori
Beautiful shots!!!! You are right, most don't look at the clouds in the opposite direction of the sun rise/set. :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #123456 by MLKstudios
They all work for week two. Not quite abstract, but they do fill the frame with few colors. :)

Note the reason I ask you to go "abstract" this week, is to remove the idea of subject and get to the basic building blocks of art -- line, shape, color and texture. It's how we "arrange" these things on our canvas that make an artistic photo (or not).

Matthew

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 8 months ago #123548 by Shanna-Marie
WOW! These were definately worth waking up early for, absolutely gorgeous shots Rich. I think morning is the best time of day, so much fun to watch the world wake up. :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #196991 by enlibubcurbus
Meaningless dribble and SPAM like URLs removed as being off topic - oh and :welcomeclan

Chasrich, agent at large...

12 years 2 months ago #198986 by Georgepat
Excellent series, Charles! :judge:

Beautiful colors and great composition. My only nit is the sunrise on #3 is blown out. Perhaps some artful burning in post might darken that area a little bit. A very nice shot nonetheless!

12 years 2 months ago #198987 by Darrell
Great pics.... :judge:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024