Monkeys at Silver Springs, FL

10 years 2 weeks ago #136858 by Dori
We took the boat up to Silver Springs this last Saturday, finally caught some of the wild Monkeys!! :banana:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago #136860 by Baydream
Cool shots. Love the "stare". Must be a mother ;)

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

10 years 2 weeks ago #136941 by Dori
Yes, I think it was a Mom!

Resident Texasotan...

10 years 2 weeks ago #136944 by robbie
Wow,what happened Dori,you improved overnight!!!Beautiful images,love the stare of the mother.

10 years 2 weeks ago #136950 by Dori
Thanks so much! Your lessons have proved valuable!! :thumbsup:

Resident Texasotan...

10 years 2 weeks ago #136962 by robbie

Dori wrote: Thanks so much! Your lessons have proved valuable!! :thumbsup:

Your beautiful images make my day Dori,thanks!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: LOL!!

10 years 2 weeks ago #136989 by photobod
super super fandabidozy Dori, the 2nd one is my fave, if looks could kill hey. :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

10 years 2 weeks ago #137029 by chasrich
I've been trying to get the wife to go to Sliver Springs for years. I dare not show her this photo as that monkey has blood in it's eye. Great shooting Dori. :judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

10 years 2 weeks ago #137086 by Dori

chasrich wrote: I've been trying to get the wife to go to Sliver Springs for years. I dare not show her this photo as that monkey has blood in it's eye. Great shooting Dori. :judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

Thanks! You two should go up there. The only problem other than a couple of bumps, was the depth finder got ripped off by a bunch submerged vegetation. They have cleaned it out well.

photobod wrote: super super fandabidozy Dori, the 2nd one is my fave, if looks could kill hey.

Thanks so much!!

Resident Texasotan...

10 years 2 weeks ago #137090 by butterflygirl921
Dori i am in love with that second shot! good job!

10 years 2 weeks ago #137120 by Dori
Thanks so much! I still have tons more to slog thru!

Resident Texasotan...

10 years 2 weeks ago #137285 by fotozone
Great shots. I love the fact that it does not look like a zoo. :judge:

10 years 2 weeks ago #137534 by Dori
Thanks! There are those out there who want all the Monkeys relocated to a zoo. :angry:

Resident Texasotan...

10 years 2 weeks ago #137906 by mj~shutterbugg
#2 is an amazing portrait, you got the monkey's essence for lack of better wording. Great shot! :judge:

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

10 years 2 weeks ago #137932 by Stealthy Ninja
Monkey's are my favourite animal of all time!

COol shots.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II isn't a professional camera by any means, but if you're looking for a small, capable, compact camera, this might be the one for you.

Sep 02, 2021

If you think a nearly decade-old camera can't still hack it, you're wrong. Though it isn't perfect, the Fujifilm X-E2 is still a solid camera.

Sep 02, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In the latest installment of our holiday gift guides, we present some great gifts for photographers that are all priced at $25 or less.

Sep 22, 2021

If you aren't sure what the difference between photo restoration and photo retouching is, check out this quick explainer guideline.

Sep 20, 2021

With these accessories for micro four-thirds cameras, you'll be able to improve your workflow and expand the functionality of your camera.

Sep 17, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

One of the most common ways of upselling clients is to offer prints. But how to get your clients to buy more prints can be a mystery. Here's how.

Sep 16, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

With these wedding photography accessories, you'll not only look good, but you'll also have gear that helps improve your workflow.

Sep 16, 2021

There are many benefits of buying used lenses, not the least of which is that you can save some money. Check out this guide for even more reasons to buy used.

Sep 15, 2021