Do you think he saw me?

12 years 7 months ago #140681 by Baydream

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #140683 by MLKstudios
Good thing he wasn't really high up. You might have looked small enough to eat. :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #140684 by Pixelchix
Yes do you still have your head??

12 years 7 months ago #140696 by chasrich
It is unmistakable when they look right through the view finder and into your eyes. You caught this big guy perfectly and yes - he saw you and counted the hairs on your head too I bet.

:judge: :thumbsup: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #140700 by photogem71
Great capture!!!

12 years 7 months ago #140701 by robbie
That look close John,you lucky he/she didn`t buzz you,Awesome shots.

12 years 7 months ago #140871 by Dori
:judge: Very well caught!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 7 months ago #140875 by butterflygirl921
Awesome Capture! good job :judge:

12 years 7 months ago #140889 by digishutterbug
Wow, are you going to submit for the next evaluation? My eagle shot did well but this is great.

12 years 7 months ago #140907 by Papabear63
Awesomw shot John!!! :judge:

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #140916 by Baydream
Thanks. I seem to have a good rapport with the eagles around here. My wife claims they sit in a tree and call me :P
She can recognize many of them by their "voices". She'll say, "Sounds like Screech (or Victor or Crybaby)". I use the feather patterns at the neck and sometimes the tree they choose to determine ID.
Maybe I should change my avatar to last year's shot of Victor, Jr. He has matured and has his white head and tail this year.

:rolleyes

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #140924 by helge
These are great photos, John! Very good indeed. :judge:
Could you send 1 or 2 eagles over the atlantic to me so I will also have a chance to take a photo of them?
I suppose you know a way how to convince them, don´t you? :rofl:

Greetings
Helge

12 years 7 months ago #141240 by Shanna-Marie
Oh My..... these are magnificent shots John.... Wow, I have no doubt that they watch/wait for you to show up-gives you goosebumps when they look you in the eye like that doesn't it? Yes, they're watching over you too. :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 7 months ago #141250 by Towcestermark
Is this in the wild?

I'm asking because it's such a great shot that he looks like he's used to human contact and that he's stood on a training post

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024