For Robbie......

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #146754 by Shanna-Marie
Here ya go my friend, A Crappy picture just for you.... :rofl: and anyone else who didn't believe that I take them too. LOL, I took this 4 years ago and thought it looked beautiful....OMG it's terrible! This can't be fixed or edited to be made beautiful...... I think I best be going now..... ;)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 7 months ago #146759 by MLKstudios
A great shot, Shanna. :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #146760 by Shanna-Marie
It is not Matthew, it stinks! :rofl: But thank you for stopping by anyway.... :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

12 years 7 months ago #146762 by MLKstudios
I don't see ANYTHING wrong with it. Looks like birds in love. :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #146765 by Shanna-Marie
You're serious aren't you??? Well, there is that-I called this one "Love birds" but they're overexposed, the detail in their faces is aweful and there is WAY too much noise. Hmmm, maybe I should find another one..... oh heck, let's see what Robbie thinks, I hope he thinks its terrible. lol :)

12 years 7 months ago #146766 by Baydream
Isn't it amazing how we look at a photo we thought was great a few short years ago and think Why? It is an OK picture but WAY short of what you do today. It's called maturing in your talent. As the old commercial goes, "You've come a long way, baby".

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #146771 by Shanna-Marie
Sweet! Thank you John but you are so right. I just took a browse through some of the first photos I posted to flickr, What a Shock! I'm pretty darn lucky though, my son taught me alot in the beginning but everything else I've learned has been from people I've never actually met and lot's of trial & error. As you know, we are so remote here so there aren't any camera clubs or the like, no other photographers really that I'd want to bounce ideas off really so I'm grateful for all the folks I've met online. Their help has been invaluable to me.
I'm feeling like a motor mouth this evening, maybe I oughta go write a book..... :)

12 years 7 months ago #146789 by robbie

Shanna-Marie wrote: Here ya go my friend, A Crappy picture just for you.... :rofl: and anyone else who didn't believe that I take them too. LOL, I took this 4 years ago and thought it looked beautiful....OMG it's terrible! This can't be fixed or edited to be made beautiful...... I think I best be going now..... ;)

Thanks Shanna,WOW,my own thread.Feel like a 'Star'!!!!
Like it even more because it`s for me!!!!It can be fix,wait until Monday when i`m off,i`ll show you.Don`t belittle MY birds.
Seriously,you had the knack from then but not the technique of capturing what you want plus your PP has improved.
You should see my first set of digital images!!!!Can`t find them,buried somewhere.My ir images has changed some much
since using Nik plugins.

12 years 7 months ago #146862 by Shanna-Marie
You're welcome Robbie, just wanted to make you laugh. Honestly, you don't have to fix this, It's O.K., REALLY..... Want to know what I'm striving for? Don't know if I'll ever achieve it but in my mind I'll Never be Really Good until the photos that come out of my camera DON'T have to be edited. For years I only took snapshots with film cameras, you only got one shot & they couldn't be edited. And most of them were awful. I love digital and how technology allows us to do so much with an image. But my dream is to master it so well that it's perfect straight out of the camera. Probably a pipe dream, I have such a hard time wrapping my mind around many of these concepts, but it gives me something to strive for..... :)

12 years 6 months ago #147226 by Dori
I like it! I understand what you mean tho. I have gone thru some of my old shots and wondered how the hell I thought they were good! :huh:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 6 months ago #147427 by photobod
Your statement that these birds look rubbish is just you realising how far you have come over the years, its great that you recognise your progress, the photos you post on PT are amazing and you should be very proud of yourself.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #147441 by robbie

Shanna-Marie wrote: You're welcome Robbie, just wanted to make you laugh. Honestly, you don't have to fix this, It's O.K., REALLY..... Want to know what I'm striving for? Don't know if I'll ever achieve it but in my mind I'll Never be Really Good until the photos that come out of my camera DON'T have to be edited. For years I only took snapshots with film cameras, you only got one shot & they couldn't be edited. And most of them were awful. I love digital and how technology allows us to do so much with an image. But my dream is to master it so well that it's perfect straight out of the camera. Probably a pipe dream, I have such a hard time wrapping my mind around many of these concepts, but it gives me something to strive for..... :)

Not a pipe dream Shanna,just start slowly and build up.With a clear mind and accepting your limitation
as you progress you will get there.I know what i`m talking about...you have the talent but talent isn`t enough,you gotta have a 'never gonna give up' attitude.Just say'i`m gonna try my best if I fail,i`ll try again'.When you succeed once,try repeating your success.
Not gonna wish you 'goodluck' because I know you can do it!!!

12 years 6 months ago #147588 by Shanna-Marie
Oh my gosh.... Thank you all so much, this really started out as a joke but surprisingly it's turned into so much more....Dori, I find myself thinking that alot when I look at the old stuff...
David, that is such a kind thing to say, thank you so much.
Robbie.....you've got alot more faith in me than I do I think. You don't know how cloudy my mind can get at times. But more than anything I Do want to succeed. It's interesting looking back at how my thinking has changed, what used to be "good enough" just doesn't cut it anymore. I won't give up, That is no longer an option.

My friends, I appreciate all of your encouragement far more than you realize....Thank you from the bottom of my heart.... :)

12 years 6 months ago #147590 by Baydream
Shanna -
Your talent at photography and poetry has no bounds other than those you place on them. By next month or next year, you will be pleasantly surprised at the growth in your work.
Keep shooting and keep writing.
Our world needs those like you who can see the beauty in everyday things (and angels of course).

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #147593 by robbie

Baydream wrote: Shanna -
Your talent at photography and poetry has no bounds other than those you place on them. By next month or next year, you will be pleasantly surprised at the growth in your work.
Keep shooting and keep writing.
Our world needs those like you who can see the beauty in everyday things (and angels of course).

:agree: :goodpost:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024