Up Close Black Bear

12 years 6 months ago #159291 by RogerS
I just thought I would share a Black Bear with you. This was shot at a distance of 30 feet in the wild. I was watching this sow feed for a few minutes before she gave me "the look".

My safety route was a skid steer just behind me with a caged cab and a large bucket. Please, anyone photographing bears in the wild, have a safety escape route in case it's needed.

12 years 6 months ago #159293 by photobod
That is definately a who the heck are you look, wonder if your tasty, yes a safety plan must be a neccessity, love the photo lovely texture and good exposure. :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

The following user(s) said Thank You: RogerS
12 years 6 months ago #159334 by Dori
30 ft?? :blink: What a wonderful shot! :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 6 months ago #159444 by RogerS
Thanks guys. This is one of my better "tight bum time" photos.

12 years 6 months ago #159647 by randy124
Nice shot Roger. I understand the escape route issue. Down here our National Parks have a distance rule but I know from experiance you can really find yourself insite 100 yds quickly.

10 yds ? No escape route is not an option other than to laydown to a fetal postion. Love the bears though and I love photographing them as well.
12 years 6 months ago #159649 by RogerS
Thanks Randy. Most of my bear shots are between 5 and 50 yards. I've never had a problem......Sorry, one problem.........with a sickly year old that just kept advancing until I got up on a concrete wall out of his range. I love bears and photographing them.

12 years 6 months ago #159658 by robbie
Wow,in your face shot.A fantastic shot! :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #159664 by randy124
I love bears as well. I do not know why people are so scared of them. I know more species of dog have killed or mauled more humans than bears. As you see my shutter fly site bears are always on my list to photograph when I can
12 years 6 months ago #159791 by RogerS
I checked out your site Randy and am totally in awe. The grizzly and/or brown bear shots are something I dream about, and you have some perfect captures there. Thank you.

12 years 6 months ago #160198 by photoalaska
I have had the black bears come with in 5 yards while fishing and got some good pics and had a grizzly about 30 yards stand up and look at me...he was about 8 feet tall.....they are a little different than the blacks...cant let them get to close...oh and never get in a fetal position with a black bear!!

12 years 6 months ago #160256 by Joiemagic
Love it Roger.... Great Shot... Love the detail... :judge:

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 5 months ago #170570 by Tom.C
I'm sure you guys all go..."need to get to Africa", but man I'd love to get bear images!!! Super stuff Roger

www.fstopsafaris.com

Phill 4:13"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength"

12 years 5 months ago #170601 by chasrich
Awesome shot...
:woohoo: :judge: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #170620 by digishutterbug
Wonderful

12 years 5 months ago #171404 by Stealthy Ninja
Cool photo and good advice.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024