Something caught his eye.....

12 years 6 months ago #161093 by Shanna-Marie
Caught this young Semipalmated Plover walking along the beach up at Natanis.... :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 6 months ago #161113 by fotozone
I always love your wildlife shots. :judge: as always
12 years 6 months ago #161114 by Rob pix4u2
Beautiful capture, nicley composed and rendered.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 6 months ago #161236 by Stealthy Ninja
is that a sandpiper??
12 years 6 months ago #161497 by Shanna-Marie
Thank you so much! Adrian, it's in the same family as the Sandpiper-from what I can tell, the only difference is the ring around his neck.

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

12 years 6 months ago #161650 by Stealthy Ninja
ring necked sandpiper perhaps? :p ;)
12 years 6 months ago #161793 by Fire Blade
Very nice. Never seen one before. It appears to be a small bird...is it?

12 years 6 months ago #161962 by Shanna-Marie
lol, Hi Adrian, this has been driving me nuts. I've looked in my bird book and on-line too, and I definately screwed up. Semipalmated Plovers don't appear to be this far south unless of course they are migrating but considering when I took this pic it seems unlikely. Same story with the Little Ringed Plover and I can't find a Ring Necked Sandpiper either but i think you made that up. So I'm stumped.......

Thank you so much Fire Blade, I'm guessing this was a juvenile and it was about 6 inches tall. As you can see, I'm kind of in the dark as to what this bird Really is. So if anyone there Does know, Please ID it for us.... :)

12 years 6 months ago #161969 by Baydream
Looks like a Common Ringed Plover.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringed_Plover

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #161975 by Shanna-Marie
Yes it does... :) Thank you John, I learned something else too. The proper way to interpret the bird book. I had their breeding range, etc... all backwards.:pinch:

12 years 6 months ago #161977 by Baydream
You're welcome. I left my bird book's "up north" and had to rely on the net. Had a decent idea of what I was looking for, though.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #161986 by Stealthy Ninja
Plover piper?
12 years 5 months ago #162000 by Shanna-Marie
Plover piper?

NOPE ! :rofl:

12 years 5 months ago #169485 by Joiemagic
How did I miss this one... Great Shot Shanna

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 5 months ago #169500 by Shanna-Marie
I dunno....lol, don't worry about it, I'm sure I miss stuff all the time. Thanks a bunch Joie! :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024