Bald Eagles - Reelfoot Lake

9 years 11 months ago #21555 by bhowdy
A couple of Bald Eagle images from this past weekend at Reelfoot Lake in west Tennessee, USA. Muddy gray skies and snow all weekend but the eagles were everywhere!

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #21618 by photobod

bhowdy wrote: A couple of Bald Eagle images from this past weekend at Reelfoot Lake in west Tennessee, USA. Muddy gray skies and snow all weekend but the eagles were everywhere!

both images look great but that second one is awsome.
:goodpost: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

9 years 11 months ago #21630 by Baydream
:judge:
Great stuff.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

9 years 11 months ago #21636 by crystal
Great Capture. I'm jealous. I can never seem to get that close to an eagle. Maybe once.
:judge:

9 years 11 months ago #21708 by bhowdy
Crystal ... These are actually not all that close either. I was using a Canon 1D (1.3 crop) camera body, Canon 500mm lens and a 1.4 tc. So all in all somewhere around 720mm.

Both images are somewhere around 50% crops

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

9 years 11 months ago #21724 by Baydream

bhowdy wrote: Crystal ... These are actually not all that close either. I was using a Canon 1D (1.3 crop) camera body, Canon 500mm lens and a 1.4 tc. So all in all somewhere around 720mm.

Both images are somewhere around 50% crops

I hope to get a 500mm one day. Mine are using a 70-300 and I have been lucky enough to get close. Takes a lot of patience to get their trust. I have been within about 20 feet of one on a utility pole and it is exciting. Their feeding spots are the best place to "camp out" or if you can locate a nest and quietly wait.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:

9 years 11 months ago #22568 by luckywish1
i love eagles they are my favorite birds too. outstanding job that you did

9 years 11 months ago #25132 by Dryoo7
Realy great shots

9 years 11 months ago #25133 by Dryoo7
Baydream
for a 300 to get that close is a testament to you to take a long time to get a shot. Well done.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zardoz

9 years 11 months ago #25188 by canon4me
wow! very impressive! we have Eagles here in Crossville, Tn... I haven't seen them, but others have gotten pics of them at the camera club I've gone to.

9 years 9 months ago #37745 by luckywish1
you know i just got a new len too 500-1000mm and it is awesome i will be useing it for wildlife too

9 years 9 months ago #37862 by HyperJ

luckywish1 wrote: you know i just got a new len too 500-1000mm and it is awesome i will be useing it for wildlife too

That's great, can't wait to see your pics.

9 years 9 months ago #37878 by Yasko
:judge: I really like the second one. I hope to get some good shots of the bald eagles at the bottanical gardens this summer.

9 years 9 months ago #37943 by alley
:thumbsup: Really impressive photos and lot's of patience. She looks scary mad sitting in that fir tree.

9 years 9 months ago #38141 by Dr. Docter
:thumbsup:

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021

The Panasonic G85 might be a few years old, but it still has the specs and features to make it a highly useful camera. Get all the details in this Panasonic G85 review.

Jan 12, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M1 I is pushing eight years old, but for budget-minded photographers, it represents excellent value in 2021.

Jan 08, 2021

The Fujifilm X100v is the latest in the X100 series of compact cameras. Does this new version improve on its predecessors? Find out in this in-depth review.

Dec 31, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Processing landscape photos takes a good amount of time and effort. By educating yourself on tips for processing landscape photos, you can make the most of your editing time.

Jan 14, 2021

I got my first metal print from Printique about six weeks ago. In this Printique metal print review, learn why this might be the best metal print I've ever gotten.

Jan 13, 2021

Use these highly effective real estate photography tips to take better images of properties that help improve its chances of getting sold.

Jan 13, 2021

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021

Use these photography ideas to find your creativity, get organized, and utilize your time at home wisely.

Jan 12, 2021

Cropping in photography is much more than resizing an image. Instead, learning how to crop landscape photos can greatly impact the quality of the composition.

Jan 12, 2021

The Panasonic G85 might be a few years old, but it still has the specs and features to make it a highly useful camera. Get all the details in this Panasonic G85 review.

Jan 12, 2021

There are plenty of camera settings for beginners to learn. However, these important camera settings should be at the top of your list.

Jan 08, 2021