Silhouette of bird at sunset, couple versions which you like better?

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #87093 by Alex
Since the move I have had limited time behind the camera. This weekend I put some time aside to fire off a few shots.

Here is a silhouette of a bird during sunset.

Now after messing around with the photo in Nik Software I came up with this version, which do you like better?

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rajdivyabharath
12 years 10 months ago #87107 by McBeth Photography
I like the warmth of the first one Alex, great shot!

It is what it is.
12 years 10 months ago #87121 by bhowdy
Absolutely the gold in the first one Alex ... wonderful image

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

12 years 10 months ago #87133 by Cre8tivefix
I prefer the one with more color as well. Good Job.

12 years 10 months ago #87155 by John Landolfi
The copper hues in the first shot make it for me. What if you tried B/W for the second one, maybe high contrast?

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #87221 by chasrich
The second one does have a certain metallic flavor to it. Makes it seem more wintry perhaps. I grade them 55% #1 and 45% #2. I like em both. What happens if you shift the temp more towards blue...?

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #87237 by DestinDave
Love the silhouette! Great exposure!
I like the toning of both, perhaps favor the 1st for the warmth of the gold.. I would prefer the heron wasn't centered and a little more negative space at the bottom..

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 10 months ago #87249 by photobod
Its good to see you out dabbling with photography Alex, first lightning now birds, I like both equaly they both have there good points, the warmth of the first one is very appealing, then the coolness of the 2nd one seems more realistic.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #87285 by robbie
Love the first one,awesome colors.Which plugin did you used?

12 years 10 months ago #87299 by Baydream
I ,too , vote for #1 - and as a metallic print.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #87325 by Johnnie
My vote is for #1 - nice photo!

12 years 10 months ago #87359 by Shadowfixer1
The color of the first image is very nice and what one expects to see. The only thing I see is I would crop some of the right hand side off so the bird wouldn't be as centered. I think that would make a good image even better. Good job.
12 years 10 months ago #87373 by Rob pix4u2
Love the warmth of the first one but the second one isn't bad either. Would agree that it would make a nice mettalic print.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #87563 by Kitzmiller
I like both, but the 2nd one almost has a chome'ish feeling to it. Kind of cool :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #87569 by DavidandJess
I like the first one. :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024