New Guy

6 years 11 months ago #526191 by Jagged14u2
Hello all,

New here and just signed up.  I have some experience I used to use 
a old Pentax 35mm camera.  I have just retired and now want to spend my free time learning and taking beautiful professional 
photos.  I bought a Nikon D7200 and then bought 2 lenses.
My favorite is the Nikon DX VR 18-300 ED.  The second is a Nikon
Nikon 50mm 1.4G.  They are a huge improvement  over the two kit lenses that came with the camera.  Looking forward to viewing 
and sharing photos.  Any and all criticism is welcome it is the best way to improve oneself.

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526193 by Luca
Sweet ride in your avatar.  Is that yours? 

:welcomeclan

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526194 by Ian Stone
Welcome from the Big Apple!  How do you like that D7200?  It's a great camera.  

Ian 

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526196 by Jagged14u2
Thank you, yes it is.  I bought it new in 2015 and never looked back.
She is a Black edition with the upgraded amber leather interior.
I have a Cobb Accessport and the software to tune myself.  Stock 
it had 545 HP at the crank, 4 wheel dyno tuned it now has 639 HP and 512 ft/lb at the wheels. 

Photo Comments
Attachments:
6 years 11 months ago #526197 by Jagged14u2
Hello Ian
I love the camera just enough control to get into trouble but not overboard.  Small learning curve but once understood and a set of good lenses it performs well into the pro level cameras. The sensitivity is awesome, more than I expected.(astro) With its wifi it is so easy to shoot and immediately drop photos to iPhone (makes it easy to see end result).  Just wish the buffer was larger for shooting high speed.  But for the price you can't beat it. 

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526201 by Ian Stone
Won't a battery grip increase buffer?  

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526202 by Jagged14u2
I made a error while typing, the HP is 539 not 639 at the wheels.

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526219 by Roman Omell
Welcome to the site pal!  

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526236 by KevinM
Lol, this is a beast!

6 years 11 months ago #526265 by Alex

Jagged14u2 wrote: Thank you, yes it is.  I bought it new in 2015 and never looked back.
She is a Black edition with the upgraded amber leather interior.
I have a Cobb Accessport and the software to tune myself.  Stock 
it had 545 HP at the crank, 4 wheel dyno tuned it now has 639 HP and 512 ft/lb at the wheels. 

Oh yeah, and AWD action going on here.  The acceleration of these cars is crazy with all that traction.  

Welcome to PT friend! 

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526394 by J Photo Man
Happy Thursday and welcome to the community! 

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526497 by ThatNikonGuy
My brother just bought a 2014 used GT-R, that are is insane fast!  Are you tracking the car?  

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526590 by Jagged14u2
Yes, once at Daytona and at Sebring. I love how this car can put to shame car's costing two to three times as much, even with drivers equal to and greater than mine.

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #526609 by Tony Imaging
My neighbor has one of these.  He has an exhaust on it, and it's loud!  My wife doesn't appreciate it, however I think it sound mean! :beerbang:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024