Handsome Youths

12 years 5 months ago #173497 by montesooma

This size is too small (2mb), sucks out the detail

Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #173501 by Baydream
Not so sure it's the 2mp limit. Sorry, but not very impressive. Seem a bit more like snapshots (messy background, poor use of DoF, uneven lighting, chopped off "body parts").

Hopefully you were looking for some constructive crit.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #173507 by montesooma
Yes, thank you.
They were a lot warmer as full size tiffs and the subjects stood out more from the background.
As far as chopped off body parts, I don't see any. :)
Lighting is def because of the size, as the faces do not lock dark in the originals - You can see this for yourself
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=29109059...24513&type=1&theater

12 years 5 months ago #173737 by geoffellis
Looks like that link is locked. cant view it

but i agree with baydream. the first 1 is okay. might be better at full resolution, not sure. 2nd one definitely looks more like a snapshot taken at a family bbq though.
12 years 5 months ago #173750 by Baydream
Facebook links don't work, At least SOMETHING in FB has a touch of security.

My problem with the first one is more of poor background distractions. A wider aperture might have thrown the background out of focus a bit but it is still too close to the subject to get really good DoF. The lighting on the young lady is good but the eye area of the lad is dark (probably could have used a reflector set low to bring some of the light back up.

I guess the missing "body parts" are really the ends of the sandals (Either you include them or you deliberately crop for effect.) Just part of learning composition.

Just trying to help.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #173756 by Stealthy Ninja
Get in tighter and your shots will look better.
12 years 5 months ago #173784 by montesooma
Thank You guys!
They are not my best shots but the first time I have posted on this site and I wanted to test the waters.

12 years 5 months ago #174015 by Dori
A tighter crop on the first one might help, as well as a wider DOF.
The second one is slightly OOF, to me at any rate.

Keep trying!!!! :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #174328 by John37
Personally I like the first one the best. But what I don't like about it is the background. It's too distracting and says that no attention was paid do that detail. But it looks like you're off to a good run!

The 2nd one seems to be mis-composed (is that a word? it is now!!) The look they're giving each other seem to the demand the eye's attention. The rest of image does not support that. Perhaps zooming in on their faces would've been better. I could be wrong, though.

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
12 years 5 months ago #174336 by photobod
Its good to see you posting Montesooma keep it up, the folks are being constructive so take note and learn, the next time you have a subject who insists on keeping their mobile phone in their hand whilst posing shoot them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My advice if you are going to crop then crop in tight if you clip bits off it looks wrong if you cut limbs of at joints it looks wrong, and always blur a busy background it looks so much better.
Some photos do lose a bit of finess when uploaded here but it is usualy only minor, I post down to 600 or 700 pixels in size and photos still look ok.
:judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 5 months ago #174367 by chasrich
Welcome to the family... It is good that you are posting. :welcomeclan :thumbsup: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #174765 by messyjessy8
I'm not sure what everyone is talking about, personally I love them. They appear to be candid shots, they show love and fun between two people.

12 years 5 months ago #174930 by Scotty
I agree good snapshots. Shoot tighter.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024