Missed Opportnuity

12 years 10 months ago #103906 by mj~shutterbugg
GRRRR or should a say Roar? I missed a GOLDEN opportunity yesterday. We went to the local zoo and they have polar bear in a really cool exhibit. I didn't bring the camera as well it was 90* and figured any and all animals would be sleepy. All except the polar bears. They were jumping, splashing, playing. Right in front of us. One kept jumping towards us and then jumping up and down. I was so shocked I even forgot to pull out the iPod so no proof, so bummed. I had to share my miss opportunity with those that would realize how sad I am. On the bright side both kids were beyond thrilled. I will be heading back solo to try and get them playing again.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago #103916 by John Landolfi
;) A good lesson learned. Having done the same, I never go out without "something". I bought a Canon G11, and it's good enough that I don't feel I need to drag a DSLR and lenses out every outing.Now that the G12 is out, there are good deals on the G11 on e-bay;)

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #103926 by chasrich
If you went to the zoo with your camera and forgot the kids I could understand... But that's next week right? :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #104002 by mj~shutterbugg
My spouse, another photographer, talked me out of a nice P&S. We will be revisiting the discussion, lol.

www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #104014 by photobod

mj~shutterbugg wrote: My spouse, another photographer, talked me out of a nice P&S. We will be revisiting the discussion, lol.

Its a darned good idea to have a point and shoot that will fit in a pocket or bag, it needs to be a good quality one though. think of a nice treat for hubby then throw it into the conversation. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #104022 by mj~shutterbugg
You mean like that photoshop hair plug in?

www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago #104026 by crystal
My whole purpose of going to a zoo is to only take pictures. A photographer is always prepared.
12 years 10 months ago #104062 by mj~shutterbugg

crystal wrote: My whole purpose of going to a zoo is to only take pictures. A photographer is always prepared.

Very true. I knew I should have brought it but on days when being Mommy MJ out ranks being photographer MJ, the camera and possible shots get left behind.

www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago #104068 by icepics
In a real pinch (desparation time), I ran to a drugstore and bought a disposable - better than nothing but just barely! Although that wouldn't be too practical once you're already at the zoo.

Next time take Chas's advice but leave the kids and the hubby at home! LOL (Odds are if you'd brought a camera the bears would have decided to sleep thru the heat and your visit, that would be my luck anyway.)

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #104090 by Screamin Scott
Don't beat yourself up too much. There are always going to be those times where you won't have a camera. Going to work one morning (& why would I have a camera with me then?) I came to a halt in traffic, turned to look out the window & there was a beautiful red tailed hawk perched low in a pine tree about 25 " away...Mind you, I have several P&S cameras, but don't want to leave any camera in a hot car, so I don't have one when I'm going to work, so like I said, don't beat yourself up over it

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #104164 by Scotty
We just had a sunset, during a storm, the sky was red and orange..it looked like it was on fire. I'm house sitting at my brothers...and my cameras IS NOT HERE.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #104166 by Joves
Well I always carry a camera, I have had far too many missed shots because I didnt have one. I even carry mine when Im going to the Porta-Potty on jobsites in some areas. The guys on the crews laugh at me for it but, once I was on the way to one and saw a bobcat. It just sat there and stared at me and my only thought was the camera was in my truck. The only real problem is that now that I carry one everywhere nothing happens, Mr Murphy is a real bastich.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024