SD to CF adapter

12 years 8 months ago #124407 by Crazyguy
Any of you try any of these SD to CF adapters? Are they even worth getting? I have seen some advertised on Amazon and B&H for under $20. I'm just wondering if I will loose card performance with this sort of adapter?

An Irishman is not drunk as long as he can hold on to one blade of grass to keep from falling off the world.
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #124414 by MLKstudios
I've not used one. But I've not heard (or read) anything bad about them. No reason they shouldn't work well.

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 8 months ago #124425 by McBeth Photography
Got one, works well. Don't use it for high fps shooting though. :)

It is what it is.
12 years 8 months ago #124480 by neal1977

McBeth Photography wrote: Got one, works well. Don't use it for high fps shooting though. :)

Cool avatar McBeth. I would love to see the full size image. Did you post in gallery here?

As for the adapter, I do believe you lose speed in the transfer rate

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #124481 by McBeth Photography

neal1977 wrote:

McBeth Photography wrote: Got one, works well. Don't use it for high fps shooting though. :)

Cool avatar McBeth. I would love to see the full size image. Did you post in gallery here?

Thanks Neal! Yes I posted in my Landscapes album in the gallery.

It is what it is.
12 years 8 months ago #124484 by Baydream

neal1977 wrote:

I also had heard it slowed the trans rate. Would love to see a comparison on a Class 10 and class 6 card. I have a camera that uses CF and one that uses SD. Keeping track of two sets is a bother.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #124486 by neal1977

Baydream wrote:

neal1977 wrote:

I also had heard it slowed the trans rate. Would love to see a comparison on a Class 10 and class 6 card. I have a camera that uses CF and one that uses SD. Keeping track of two sets is a bother.

Who makes a class 10?

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #124487 by neal1977

McBeth Photography wrote:

neal1977 wrote:

Thanks Neal! Yes I posted in my Landscapes album in the gallery.

I'm going to go admire your work :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #124494 by Baydream

Crazyguy wrote: Any of you try any of these SD to CF adapters? Are they even worth getting? I have seen some advertised on Amazon and B&H for under $20. I'm just wondering if I will loose card performance with this sort of adapter?

AFter reading the reviews, some cameras don't seems to like them including the Nikon D700 and some Canon 40D. Others said they worked fine (EX1).
This was one interesting comment:
I tested this with a 1GB(Lexar), 4GB(ScanDisk), 8GB(Lexar), and 32GB(Kingston) SD cards. When testing they all worked the same but the speed was an issue when using different cameras. I contacted Jobo (the manufacture) which said their intention was not to use them in cameras but as another option to download an SD card.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #124495 by Baydream

neal1977 wrote:

Baydream wrote:

neal1977 wrote:

Who makes a class 10?

Sandisk, PNY, Delkin
www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=sdhc+c...=0&InitialSearch=yes

I have one on the way.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #125023 by Number 7

Baydream wrote:

neal1977 wrote:

Baydream wrote:

neal1977 wrote:

Who makes a class 10?

Sandisk, PNY, Delkin
www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=sdhc+c...=0&InitialSearch=yes

I have one on the way.

Which one did you pick up?

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #125051 by Baydream
Sandisk. I don't think my current gear will outrun it but I'm planning ahead.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024