How do you describe Photography?

12 years 8 months ago #128636 by wenspics
Photography has given me a completely different look at the world.

I have learnt through macro to appreciate the wee little things in life, including the smallest, cutest bugs.. yes, I said cutest!

I can appreciate the old things, objects, colors...

Perspective.. and how we look at things and why we all see it differently sometimes.

Nature and landscape, sunset, sunrise.. character in animals..

DO YOU SEE IT? The challenge is to capture it!

I love cows, even though they scare me, because it takes a photo to really see them!

Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #128640 by MLKstudios
I think you described it well. Photography (besides learning what those weird numbers really mean) is about learning to see, with more depth and clarity than most do, with a new perspective. It also gives us a greater appreciation for the world's beauty. And we end up looking for it in everything -- even in cows.

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 8 months ago #128793 by LeahJean84
Photography IMO is it's own little world. Not only can you capture normal everyday subjects, but you can also capture so much that people miss. You create art with photography. I have seen photos that are down right weird, strange, disgusting and all I can think is WTF?? but in the end it's still art, it's still photography and that is the beauty of it.

12 years 8 months ago #128803 by Baydream
Excellent job , Wendy.
You expresses my "tag line" well.
"Photography and art are a way of letting others see THEIR world through YOUR eyes".

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #128805 by Arts
Nice images, but I won't go near those type of cows. The one day I was minding my own business walking through the woods. I stumble upon a farm, from a distance I saw those cows (at first I thought they were bulls (some did have horns). Well they only way out of the farm was to walk right passed these cows. They all stared me down and walked very quickly towards. Good thing there was a fence, otherwise I might not be here today.

12 years 8 months ago #128842 by MLKstudios
They came by to give you a friendly hug, is all. ;)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 8 months ago #128849 by chasrich

MLKstudios wrote: They came by to give you a friendly hug, is all. ;)

I suspect those cows had cameras and just wanted to take a shot or two at their strange visitor... That reminds me - I'm having Bovine Paparazzi Burgers for lunch. Mooove outta the way please. :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #128851 by MLKstudios
chas, your humor is worse than mine. We may have to have a low brow humor contest. Loser buys the beer. :woohoo:

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 8 months ago #128882 by icepics
Never takes long, does it? We already went from how to describe photography to lame jokes about cows. :rofl:

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #128883 by MLKstudios
I like jokes. No reason to take life too seriously. God is laughing all the time. ;)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 8 months ago #128885 by icepics
Then he's probably rolling on the floor w/what this group is up to!

And I like the close up of the cow w/its face right in the camera, that's a pretty whimsical photo of a cow.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #128887 by MLKstudios
That's God being serious. :angry:

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 8 months ago #129314 by wenspics
You are all very funny! I am enjoying this! :)

12 years 8 months ago #129332 by chasrich

MLKstudios wrote: chas, your humor is worse than mine. We may have to have a low brow humor contest. Loser buys the beer. :woohoo:

Is the loser the one with the lowest brow or the second lowest? These details are important when the stakes are buying the beer! :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #129428 by MLKstudios
Good question. I never thought about it. I think 2nd lowest buys.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024