OMG Adorama sales people are the worst!

12 years 8 months ago #137734 by Eddy
I just called in to get some information on a tripod. No joke I got transfered around 5 times! 2 people weren't even sales people then when I thought I had someone on the phone that knew what they were talking about, he tells me to hold then transfer's me to someone's voice mail! :evil:

What idiots. Looks like B&H get's my business now.

12 years 8 months ago #137782 by effron
B&H is a hard act to follow, for sure, however Adorama has been a pretty fine source for many years. When it gets busy, things can happen. Maybe don't rate them on a single bad experience, and to be fair there are a lot of WORSE stores out there......B)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #137785 by Mayo
I have zero tolerance for service like that myself. Sorry to hear

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #137792 by icepics
Sounds like the problem was more their system than any particular sales person. I 've never had any problems ordering from them.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #138017 by HelenOster

Eddy wrote: I just called in to get some information on a tripod. No joke I got transfered around 5 times!

I am SO sorry; that sounds absolutely dreadful and I'd really welcome the opportunity to look into this and try to find out what happened here.

I can assure you that your experience is not typical - as you will find, Adorama's feedback at resellerratings, at 9.63/10 www.resellerratings.com/store/Adorama is actually identical to that of our closest competitor.

One suggestion is that if you contact Adorama in the future, you go directly to Fred Wasser, ext 2259 (I probably shouldn't have favorite sales reps, but I'm only human ;) )

In the meantime, if you could drop me an email to [email protected], with the date & time of your call - plus the number you called from - I can check this out.

If you still have an unanswered query, I will do my best to help - and I'd also welcome the opportunity to make this up to you.

twitter.com/HelenOster
@HelenOster

Helen Oster
[email protected]

12 years 8 months ago #138018 by McBeth Photography

effron wrote: B&H is a hard act to follow, for sure, however Adorama has been a pretty fine source for many years. When it gets busy, things can happen. Maybe don't rate them on a single bad experience, and to be fair there are a lot of WORSE stores out there......B)

:agree: :goodpost:

It is what it is.
12 years 8 months ago #138045 by Pixelchix
I have always had good luck with Adorama. Things happen. I can understand your frustration tho.

12 years 8 months ago #138047 by Superman

Pixelchix wrote: I have always had good luck with Adorama. Things happen. I can understand your frustration tho.

One person being a pain, that's understandable.... two people same call being pain... somewhat understandable.... three or more just shows carelessness and throws the customer care out the window.

Nikon D90 & D40 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm, 50mm, 105mm, SB600
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #138049 by MLKstudios
I buy from both -- B&H and Adorama, and have had mostly good service from both.

I want to add a kudos to Helen for stepping up and taking on the issue head on.

As a person in the service industry, we all lose a customer here or there. Not our goal, of course, but some slip through. We all have a bad day.

Thank you Helen for "manning up" for Adorama. I'm sure others here appreciate it, too.

Matthew :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 8 months ago #138050 by Photo Mojo

Superman wrote:

Pixelchix wrote: I have always had good luck with Adorama. Things happen. I can understand your frustration tho.

One person being a pain, that's understandable.... two people same call being pain... somewhat understandable.... three or more just shows carelessness and throws the customer care out the window.

+1

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #138066 by Superman

MLKstudios wrote: I buy from both -- B&H and Adorama, and have had mostly good service from both.

As a person in the service industry, we all lose a customer here or there. Not our goal, of course, but some slip through. We all have a bad day.

Thank you Helen for "manning up" for Adorama. I'm sure others here appreciate it, too.

I've too had issues there, if they got their head out of their you know what. People like Helen wouldn't be needed. The fact that she's around and needing to do damage control isn't exactly a plus? Prevention is the name of the game. Train your people right, and have them be knowledgeable in photography would solve this. So good thing for her, she has job security.

Call up B&H, never have I experienced a person that wasn't a photographer. I'm sorry but Adorama does have some sub par customer service reps.

Nikon D90 & D40 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm, 50mm, 105mm, SB600
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #138070 by Jim Photo

Superman wrote:

MLKstudios wrote: I buy from both -- B&H and Adorama, and have had mostly good service from both.

I've too had issues there, if they got their head out of their you know what. People like Helen wouldn't be needed. The fact that she's around and needing to do damage control isn't exactly a plus? Prevention is the name of the game. Train your people right, and have them be knowledgeable in photography would solve this. So good thing for her, she has job security.

Call up B&H, never have I experienced a person that wasn't a photographer. I'm sorry but Adorama does have some sub par customer service reps.

I'll agree to that. :goodpost:

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #138204 by icepics
I appreciate that when Helen reads of a problem she addresses it right away. I imagine most businesses have mistakes that happen, the best they can do is to take care of the issue promptly.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #138205 by The Gardener

Superman wrote:

Quick and easy fix, buy from B&H

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #138215 by robbie
Never had a problem with Adorama in over 12 years,nor B&H.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024