Camera Shy

13 years 4 months ago #14007 by MaryisCherry
Since we all are photographers.... are you camera shy? Do you not like your photo taken?

13 years 4 months ago #14013 by S18c34
I am, which is why I don't have a picture of me in my profile.

13 years 4 months ago #14014 by photobod
As a young boy my dad cudnt get me near the camera, so he bought me one, trouble was that made me worse, as from then till now I dont like having my photo taken

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 4 months ago #14036 by Scotty
I am becoming less camera shy, as I like over the top photos of myself. Like my profile pic.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #14039 by scarman1313
I dont like it either. I always think I look mentally handy cap when someone takes my photo but maybe that is how I look all the time but it has saved my girlfriend from getting a ticket before I just started drolling and talking jeberish and the cop let us go. Anyway I think it has more to do with I dont like to give up that control, like some people always have to drive and dont like riding with anyone or some people are bossy in bed or some people dont like to eat anything they did not cook. I think it falls into the same idea

13 years 4 months ago #14041 by Scotty

scarman1313 wrote: I dont like it either. I always think I look mentally handy cap when someone takes my photo but maybe that is how I look all the time but it has saved my girlfriend from getting a ticket before I just started drolling and talking jeberish and the cop let us go. Anyway I think it has more to do with I dont like to give up that control, like some people always have to drive and dont like riding with anyone or some people are bossy in bed or some people dont like to eat anything they did not cook. I think it falls into the same idea

I think the more you get into photography, the more you become a control freak. People taking your picture usually doesn't measure up to your standards, at least to me least.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #14042 by Gabriel Photos
I'm not to camera shy, depends on the situation and who is taking the photo!

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #14043 by Rob pix4u2
Love to have my pic taken but i am always the one behind the camera so I have very few shots of me-except with a camera or behind one like this pic my wife took

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:
13 years 4 months ago #14100 by crystal

Scotty wrote: I think the more you get into photography, the more you become a control freak. People taking your picture usually doesn't measure up to your standards, at least to me least.

That's how it is for me too.
13 years 4 months ago #14103 by crystal
I used to love being in front of the camera. :) Now it takes alot for me to be in a picture. My profile pic, is from the webcam playing around. I finally got a shot I liked.
13 years 4 months ago #14109 by bhowdy
I'm not a fan of gettin' my picture took either. There is a group of us here that go out and photogrpah wildlife and landscape / nature images. It has become common for one of us to slip off and take pics of the others ... Now it has become a "get even" type of thing ... and of course all in good fun.

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 4 months ago #14110 by Karl Wertanen
Ahhh, well,.... I used to really hate it but so many years have gone by w/out any pics taken of me, I'm beginning to think of my kids (when we eventually have kids) that i'm sure they are going to want to see what their dad was like "back when". I'm sure i will too. :huh:
13 years 4 months ago #14127 by crystal

bhowdy wrote: I'm not a fan of gettin' my picture took either. There is a group of us here that go out and photogrpah wildlife and landscape / nature images. It has become common for one of us to slip off and take pics of the others ... Now it has become a "get even" type of thing ... and of course all in good fun.

My husband and I go out with some fellow photographers or even on the hiking group. There is always a group shot taken. Either I take the group photo, or if I can't then I hide myself within the group, from the photo. Mostly, you can only see my head. lol
13 years 4 months ago #14155 by gotta_ride
Not only am I personally camera shy, but I seldom if ever show my photographs, either. Shouldn't be that way, I guess, but...

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024