Please Need Small Business Owner to answer questions for college assignment

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #150608 by camerongrimm
I have an assignment for English at IU that I need questions answered by small business owner.

If I could get some help that would be awesome and greatly appreciated

1. What got you into this field, how long have you been doing it?
2. What exactly do you do on a day to day basis?
3. What was your greatest triumph in this role?
4. If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
5. Is running your business harder than you thought it would be?
- If so, why?
6. What are your businesses 4 highest expenses?
7. What kinds of advertising to you use to promote your business?
8. What sort of training did you have before going into business?
9. how did you choose the location to set up your business?
10. Is your business where you want it to be today, or do you have more plans to expand in the future?
11. What do you look for in taking a photograph?
12. Describe your favorite photograph you had taken?
13. What would make you job a lot easier?
14. What is your favorite part of your job
15. What is the worst part of your job

Thank you for your time its greatly appreciated

12 years 7 months ago #150615 by Powell Pink
Well that is a lot questions and I will try my best to answer what I can.

I love wildlife, 6yrs
I go out and shoot. Come home and edit.
Listen to photographers who have experience.
My camera equipment
What would make my job a lot easier, if if the wildlife listen to me. lol

The following user(s) said Thank You: camerongrimm
12 years 7 months ago #150635 by Baydream
Question #16 raises some issues with me. How is this information to be used. That question could be an indicator of phishing.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #150637 by Powell Pink

Baydream wrote: Question #16 raises some issues with me. How is this information to be used. That question could be an indicator of phishing.

Yup, which is why I didn't answer that question or several of them for that matter. Way too many questions for a college assignment.

12 years 7 months ago #150643 by camerongrimm
Sorry you can omit 16, I have to turn the 16 questions into a summary, and wanted to say who it was who did the interview, I wasn't trying to raise any concern. Just trying to get some feedback from outside of my area.

12 years 7 months ago #150647 by icepics
I noticed that too... and for a college student the statement and questions have a number of grammatical errors. Why is the assignment for an English class geared toward small business, with the last few questions being about photography?

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #150653 by camerongrimm
ok wow, its for an interview assignment. I am a business major. I am sorry if my grammer is bad in how I wrote this. It wouldn't be like that in my paper. I thought this would be easier, instead of getting torn apart for asking for help.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #150668 by Baydream

camerongrimm wrote: ok wow, its for an interview assignment. I am a business major. I am sorry if my grammer is bad in how I wrote this. It wouldn't be like that in my paper. I thought this would be easier, instead of getting torn apart for asking for help.

You can EDIT your original post and correct grammatical errors. That and dropping #16 would help. Maybe 16 could be "What type of business is it?" People are very suspicious today about detailed "interviews" from unknown sources. I think you can understand why some folks are not comfortable. This is the kind of interview (if the interviewee has about an hour to give you) that works interactively and maybe not in written format.
I guess that's part of the learning process.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #150669 by icepics
Well the spammers manage to sneak on here often enough so it's good you got back on and explained further. Makes more sense that it's for a business class. Didn't mean to critique your grammar esp. as it's a list of questions, not a final paper, but a clue to something being spam is often the grammar and spelling. And the spam is often someone's first post (or one of their first).

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #150684 by camerongrimm
Thanks for being understanding too. Yes, it is one of my first post, photography is very important to me. So I found this forum, I wanted something that related to photography. I missed the part that this assignment was suppose to be done this way. So I am running out of time, so was really hoping someone could answer my questions. Oh, and my grammar has been the worst thing for me, lol.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Some bird photography gear is obvious. You need a camera, a lens, and a tripod. But what are the best options in these and other categories of gear? Let’s find out!

May 29, 2024

Having a zoom lens in your bag is like having a jack of all trades. These lenses cover broad focal ranges so you can use one lens for multiple photographic pursuits.

May 28, 2024

Capturing beautiful portraits requires an understanding of compositional techniques (and a lot of other things). In this guide, learn how to master low-angle portrait composition for beautiful results!

May 28, 2024

Tree photography is an interesting genre of landscapes that use the size, shape, and texture of trees as the primary element of interest. With these quick tips, you can master the art of photographing trees!

May 24, 2024

Auto white balance is a camera setting that adjusts the color temperature of your images automatically. It often works well, but you should know a few tips to fix problems it might cause, too.

May 24, 2024

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III might be more than a decade old, but it still has the chops to be a quality camera for photographers in 2024.

May 23, 2024

Starting a photography business can be a daunting task. There is a lot to do, and many mistakes can be made. This guide helps you minimize mistakes and maximize your success!

May 21, 2024

The Canon 6D Mark II might be an older DSLR, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good option for 2024. In fact, this budget-friendly camera is a powerhouse for stills and videos.

May 21, 2024