Setting up booth at bridal expos?

12 years 3 months ago #188544 by One Wish
Any of you wedding photographers set up a booth a bridal expo and have generated enough business to pay for the booth cost? I would really like to know how other photographers have done business wise from having a booth at a bridal expo?

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #188857 by I love cats
At this time, I don't shoot weddings. However I have gave it some thought, that if I were to get into weddings. I would set up a booth at a bridal expo. Like anything else the expo is a hit or miss. However it is a good way to get yourself out there, to market yourself.

12 years 3 months ago #188886 by Kenya See
I've been to a couple bridal expos with girl friends who are getting married and have wondered the same. Seems like a good way to get front show seats to meeting the brides. But then again, it could be a ton of tire kickers too.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #189006 by Monster
This is a good idea :whistle:

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #189036 by Stealthy Ninja
Personally I'd try if I lived in a western country and shot weddings. In HK the wedding shooting business is slightly different. The main point being they do the portrait session BEFORE the wedding and there are wedding photography studios that set all this up. They even have makeup artists and wedding dresses/suits for the bride/groom to wear. This makes it really hard to compete with them because of the overheads involved. Basically I don't even try.
12 years 3 months ago #189126 by Photo Mojo

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Personally I'd try if I lived in a western country and shot weddings. In HK the wedding shooting business is slightly different. The main point being they do the portrait session BEFORE the wedding and there are wedding photography studios that set all this up. They even have makeup artists and wedding dresses/suits for the bride/groom to wear. This makes it really hard to compete with them because of the overheads involved. Basically I don't even try.

Do the bride and groom where traditional gowns?

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #189289 by ThatNikonGuy
We did that a few years ago and it was "OK" for business. We got a high number of "just looking" brides and at the end of the day we had picked up 5 clients from the show, which was also a 2 day show. But we must have had over 150 brides sign our guest book wanting more information.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #189549 by One Wish
Hey thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to move forward and give this a try. If nothing else, it will be a tax write off!

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #189569 by Stealthy Ninja

Photo Mojo wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Personally I'd try if I lived in a western country and shot weddings. In HK the wedding shooting business is slightly different. The main point being they do the portrait session BEFORE the wedding and there are wedding photography studios that set all this up. They even have makeup artists and wedding dresses/suits for the bride/groom to wear. This makes it really hard to compete with them because of the overheads involved. Basically I don't even try.

Do the bride and groom where traditional gowns?

Sometimes the groom will. The bride wears many kinds, some traditional, some not.
12 years 3 months ago #189836 by Wild Mitch
I have my rate card at many bridal shops

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #190878 by Janos
That's a good idea :whistle: I might need to follow this plan :banana:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024