Where do you keep your lens cap when out?

12 years 2 weeks ago #218414 by KenMan
I thought I broke one of my lens caps today! I always keep in my back pocket and forgot it was there and sat down and noticed it just before my full weight was on it. Whew! I've lost one before by placing it down and forgetting about it. This was after I read that placing these in your pocket can attract lint that will make it's way to your lens.

So either I lose it or sit on it and break it. :blink: There must be easier way for the klutz photographers out there. What are you doing with it?

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #218418 by Bob Eaton
Go get yourself a Cap Keeper!!!!!! It`s an elastic ring with a little sticky piece that attaches to the lens cap!!!!!! I wouldn`t be without one!!!!!!! :silly:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
12 years 2 weeks ago #218445 by Baydream
I usually wear cargo pants or cargo shorts. Lots of pockets to lose it in.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: barry_grau
12 years 2 weeks ago #218447 by effron
I either leave it in the bag, or its in my pocket. I've tried those keepers, they work well but I hate them.....:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #218456 by mattmoran
If the lens is on my camera, there is no cap on it, just the lens hood. If the lens is not on the camera, then both caps stay on the lens B)

-Matt
12 years 2 weeks ago #218463 by chasrich
Mine is suspended by an elastic cord keeper... Makes me look like a pro. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 2 weeks ago #218564 by Henry Peach

effron wrote: I either leave it in the bag, or its in my pocket.

Me too.
12 years 2 weeks ago #218585 by shelland
Assuming I'm using my RS-7 strap, I have one of these attached and I slide the cap into it. If not, I normally toss it in the bag.

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/836241-RE..._3_Large_Pocket.html

Scott

- Twin Cities, MN

12 years 2 weeks ago #218602 by McBeth Photography

Henry Peach wrote:

effron wrote: I either leave it in the bag, or its in my pocket.

Me too.

ditto.

It is what it is.
12 years 2 weeks ago #218636 by icepics
Usually left pocket, which has become a habit, but I've had the occasional cap pop off and a couple or so get lost over the years. I tried one of those cords but it seemed to get in the way.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #218746 by crystal
Where don't I keep it...back pocket, front pocket, camera case, in hand while shooting, on the ground.
12 years 2 weeks ago #218770 by ThatNikonGuy
I keep mine in one of my front pockets

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #219019 by Gump
I keep mine in what ever pocket has the least amount of stuff in it

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #219035 by oopsydo
I always use one pocket for holding on to it - and for me thats the left front pant pocket - always!

12 years 2 weeks ago #219153 by SJM
Front pocket

Country guy living in the big Apple!
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024