Do You Have A Facebook Page/Site I Can Follow?

11 years 10 months ago #238609 by Shutter Buddies
I love to follow work of photographers (since I'm not very good myself, I'm only good at making Shutter Buddies). Post the link of your page here so I can follow it! Please. :)

And if you see a new like on FB from Shutter Buddies, that's me! If you have a site, I'll add it to my favorites. The more, the merrier. I could look at awesome photography all day if it was possible!

Thanks.

Check out my Kickstarter Project!
www.kickstarter.com/projects/2081896432/...se-to-shutterbuddies

www.shutterbuddies.com
www.etsy.com/shop/shutterbuddies
www.facebook.com/shutterbuddiespage

***PhotographyTalk users get 15% off their entire purchase with coupon code TALK15***

11 years 10 months ago #238619 by Expressions On Canvas
That is a great idea! I will follow you! If you get a minute check out my facebook page at www.facebook.com/expressionsoncanvas . Have a great day!

Josh Goldsmith
Expressions On Canvas
High quality photos on canvas. Order here www.ExpressionsOnCanvas.com

Follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/expressionsoncanvas

11 years 10 months ago #238662 by Paris Gal
Sorry mines for just for family and very close friends. ;) I like to keep a separation from work and personal life. I just don't get why some people Tweet and post on FB about everything that is going on in their life?

5D mark II gripped | Canon 100L | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 50 1.4 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 580ex II | 430ex II x 2 |
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #238685 by Joves

Paris Gal wrote: Sorry mines for just for family and very close friends. ;) I like to keep a separation from work and personal life. I just don't get why some people Tweet and post on FB about everything that is going on in their life?

Yeah I do not get it either. The only photo I have on mine is my concretepump when I was doing a job in the Seven Canyons area of Sedona. I only have my smugmug page if you want to go to that, it is in my sig.

11 years 10 months ago #238704 by Shutter Buddies

Paris Gal wrote: Sorry mines for just for family and very close friends. ;) I like to keep a separation from work and personal life. I just don't get why some people Tweet and post on FB about everything that is going on in their life?

Understood. I guess I should've clarified a FB BUSINESS page that I can "like". I don't want to be personal friends with ya'll either. Haha!

Check out my Kickstarter Project!
www.kickstarter.com/projects/2081896432/...se-to-shutterbuddies

www.shutterbuddies.com
www.etsy.com/shop/shutterbuddies
www.facebook.com/shutterbuddiespage

***PhotographyTalk users get 15% off their entire purchase with coupon code TALK15***

11 years 10 months ago #238709 by Paris Gal

Shutter Buddies wrote:

Understood. I guess I should've clarified a FB BUSINESS page that I can "like". I don't want to be personal friends with ya'll either. Haha!

Awwwww I didn't mean it that way ;)

5D mark II gripped | Canon 100L | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 50 1.4 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 580ex II | 430ex II x 2 |
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shutter Buddies
11 years 10 months ago #238710 by Darrell
Facebook business pages are a great way to advertise and promote your business,

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #238717 by orion
Sorry Shutter Buddies.....mines not finished yet

11 years 10 months ago #238735 by Expressions On Canvas

Darrell wrote: Facebook business pages are a great way to advertise and promote your business,

I fully agree! I have quite a few customers that have gotten work off facebook by someone seeing there pictures they posted on there. Both wedding, portrait, and landscape photography. Understandable though about personal and business being different but that is the beauty of a business page.

Josh Goldsmith
Expressions On Canvas
High quality photos on canvas. Order here www.ExpressionsOnCanvas.com

Follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/expressionsoncanvas

11 years 10 months ago #238824 by KCook

orion wrote: Sorry Shutter Buddies.....mines not finished yet

I'm in the same boat. Been trying to talk myself into starting a blog. A tedious conversation at best. Meanwhile, here are a few blogs to look at -

www.facebook.com/abbye.dahl

www.facebook.com/JennDiGuglielmoPhotography

thediscerningphotographer.com/

shutterfinger.typepad.com/shutterfinger/

www.emilysotoblog.com/category/behind-the-scenes/

neilvn.com/tangents/

viewsinfinitum.com/

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 10 months ago #238829 by geoffellis
Well... i dont post nearly as much as i would like...

But I have a facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Geoff-Ellis-Photography/298248026858962

and my own website: geoffellis.ca
11 years 10 months ago #238839 by Henry Peach
My business FB page is at www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Needham-Photography/94707610237
There isn't anything exciting going on there though.

Here's the FB page where I post the interesting photography and art links I run across www.facebook.com/pages/PhotoYak/118191565372
11 years 10 months ago #238886 by icepics
I don't have much on my Facebook page, mostly use it to chat with friends and follow some pages; have a page for a nonprofit group but it's not photography related.

Facebook is now apparently charging businesses to allow everyone that follows them to be able to see their posts. I don't get all the posts anymore of one particular photography shop that I subscribe to, and found out that the owner was supposedly informed that he'd need to pay to have all his posts seen by all his subscribers. If I want to read what's being posted by them or other similar pages I have to go to their pages because it doesn't necessarily show up in my News Feed.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #238887 by Darrell
I have a business page and have heard nothing Facebook about charging. I suspect it is all rumors, they make millions from advertising, and to do anything that may cut down on posts or page visits would hurt the advertising income. :beerbang:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
11 years 10 months ago #238895 by icepics
I'm not sure what's going on with it, I just don't get most of their posts anymore, but it shows I'm subscribed. I'm going to look at others and see if the same thing is happening with those, or maybe ask someone else I know who has a page for their business. Facebook has this tendency to do things or make changes and you don't know about it til after the fact (llke changing everyone's email addresses recently.)

Sharon
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024