What point and shoot camera do you have or want?

13 years 3 months ago #25129 by Hamtastic
I was just flipping through magazine and looking at some, kind of curious what others have, use or want?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #25140 by Baydream
A carry an old Panasonic DMC-FX9. Works great when the DSLRs aren't within reach. If I do have to replace it, I will have a a ZS7 or ZS10 (14mp, 16x zoom, GPS, 1920x1080 Full HD Video W/Dolby Sound, 3D Mode and 10fps @ 14mp) which is due out very soon at $399..

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #25144 by Stealthy Ninja
My wife (therefore I also) have a Canon S95. Pretty good for a P&S.
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #25303 by Rob pix4u2
I have a Nikon L18 that I carry if I don't have a DSLR with me or need to be discreet

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 3 months ago #25332 by Scotty
I'm going to pick up a Canon G11 or 12, or whatever they're on in spring.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #25340 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: I'm going to pick up a Canon G11 or 12, or whatever they're on in spring.

The S95 does most of what the G12 will do. Just without the dials and such. Consider it dude. :)
13 years 3 months ago #25352 by crystal
I haven't had a P&S in a long time. Mainly because the one I had died, which is when I upgrade to a DSLR and don't have the money to spend on a P&S. My phone does well as a P&S. lol
13 years 3 months ago #25398 by Hamtastic

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Scotty wrote: I'm going to pick up a Canon G11 or 12, or whatever they're on in spring.

The S95 does most of what the G12 will do. Just without the dials and such. Consider it dude. :)

Are there any other differences between them?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #25399 by Mont Photography
I have a Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS
I keep it with my DSLR. I may take the whole camera bag with me, but there are times I do not want to carry the DSLR, so I just quickly grab the P&S.

13 years 3 months ago #25440 by Heather4U
No point and shoot. My Nikon D300s is all I need.

13 years 3 months ago #25488 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

I want more physical control.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #25642 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Fair enough. It all depends what you want. Personally in a P&S I'd rather have something small.
13 years 2 months ago #27878 by Hamtastic

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Fair enough. It all depends what you want. Personally in a P&S I'd rather have something small.

Same here, small with as much features as I can get

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #27885 by Solstar
I had a Canon D10 waterproof camera until my nephew managed to un-waterproof it :( . It had modest image quality and a funky-cool design. It did have a high fun factor since it could go pretty much anywhere.

13 years 2 months ago #27892 by Long Street
I just upgraded from a Nikon P&S to a Nikon DSLR.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024