cell phone pictures

13 years 2 months ago #26268 by Scotty

Rob pix4u2 wrote: cellular cameras are for non-photographers

Those are fightin words!

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26281 by Stealthy Ninja
Fighten with STYLE though. :catfight:
13 years 2 months ago #26293 by Rob pix4u2
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 2 months ago #26294 by Rob pix4u2
oh, and emergencies

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 2 months ago #26317 by crystal
I have a camera phone. I barely use it.
13 years 2 months ago #26396 by Baydream
I was shocked to receive this response to my comments to Dewitt Jones:
John, stop going to the photography chat areas! They fill your head with nonsense and keep you from taking pictures. So camera phones are non professional because you can't make large print of the image? Following that logic, you can only b...e a "professional" if you shoot a 8x10 view camera. The image above will make a beautiful 8x10 print right out of the camera (I'm sorry, phone). With a little tweaking, I could make darn good 16x20. How big do I have to make it before it's "professional"?

Silly argument, John, don't fall for it. What is the real reason that most of us (even professionals) photograph? To SEE, to CONNECT, to Fall In Love with the World. That doesn't depend on the size of you camera, that depends on how wide your eyes and your heart are open. That's the important part, stay focused on that.

ps - here's an article showing how a iphone image was used for a cover of MacWorld magazine (how unprofessional...)

www.geek.com/articles/mobile/iphone-4-us...azine-cover-2010084/
Of course MacWorld would feature an iPhone photo. Illustrates the single-minded mentality and self-promotion of Apple. Duh.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26438 by Scotty

Baydream wrote: I was shocked to receive this response to my comments to Dewitt Jones:
John, stop going to the photography chat areas! They fill your head with nonsense and keep you from taking pictures. So camera phones are non professional because you can't make large print of the image? Following that logic, you can only b...e a "professional" if you shoot a 8x10 view camera. The image above will make a beautiful 8x10 print right out of the camera (I'm sorry, phone). With a little tweaking, I could make darn good 16x20. How big do I have to make it before it's "professional"?

Silly argument, John, don't fall for it. What is the real reason that most of us (even professionals) photograph? To SEE, to CONNECT, to Fall In Love with the World. That doesn't depend on the size of you camera, that depends on how wide your eyes and your heart are open. That's the important part, stay focused on that.

ps - here's an article showing how a iphone image was used for a cover of MacWorld magazine (how unprofessional...)

www.geek.com/articles/mobile/iphone-4-us...azine-cover-2010084/

Of course MacWorld would feature an iPhone photo. Illustrates the single-minded mentality and self-promotion of Apple. Duh.

His argument sucks because the exception doesn't define the rule. If cell phones are good enough for pro work, then he should sell all his gear and just use his Iphone.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26452 by Baydream
I replied to Dewitt and expressed my concern about his comments about chat areas and How his response seemed somewhat dismissive. I received a personal message saying he did not mean to be taken literally about chat areas but was only to encourage taking more photographs. He also apologized for being perceived as dismissive. The response was first class and served as a reminder to all of us to read what we post and not assume our message is understood. A classy response.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26462 by Scotty

Baydream wrote: I replied to Dewitt and expressed my concern about his comments about chat areas and How his response seemed somewhat dismissive. I received a personal message saying he did not mean to be taken literally about chat areas but was only to encourage taking more photographs. He also apologized for being perceived as dismissive. The response was first class and served as a reminder to all of us to read what we post and not assume our message is understood. A classy response.

It's all about the image basically.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26478 by Baydream
Exactly. He said he has been posting photos from the "big boxes" and getting a couple of comments but when he posts one from his iPhone, he gets around 20. His purpose is to get discussions going about photography.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #26510 by Stealthy Ninja
People don't pay others to take photos with Cell/Mobile Phones. Unless it's Macworld and they want to show off the iPhone... :whistle:

When people pay for photos they expect a certain level of quality. Maybe it's psychological but seeing the big ol' camera with seemingly "huge" lens on the front is comforting to the client. Even if THEY can't see the difference in the final product.

As for Dewitt. A lot of these old national geographic photographers are fairly new to digital and honestly they're more into the image than the finer points of the quality/technology. I probably know more than him about Digital Photography BUT I'm not as good as him at getting the IMAGE. Which is really what's important.

As it's often said, a really good photographer can take a good shot with any camera (even a mobile phone).

As for me, I need all the help I can get LOL.

Baydream wrote: Exactly. He said he has been posting photos from the "big boxes" and getting a couple of comments but when he posts one from his iPhone, he gets around 20. His purpose is to get discussions going about photography.

That's because people are use to getting crappy shots from their mobile phones and when they see what a top pro can do (and the fact he's actually using a crappy mobile phone to get shots) it's interesting/impressive. Whether they could do the same is debatable.

I bet the "big box" photos are better when you look close, but honestly on the web who can tell?

That said those iPhone "glamour" shots someone linked to a bunch of posts ago are pretty noticeably poor when it comes to noise. It's like they shot shot a low end DSLR set at 1600iso or something. OK for the purpose of showing off their lighting, but not really the level of quality a PAYING customer would expect.
13 years 2 months ago #26514 by Stealthy Ninja

Baydream wrote: John, stop going to the photography chat areas! They fill your head with nonsense...

:toocrazy: :banana: :toocrazy:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024