cell phone pictures

13 years 2 months ago #25884 by Lauren C
Has anyone taken professional quality cell phone pictures?

13 years 2 months ago #25892 by Wolfman
Not I. However I have seen professional pictures from a cell phone.
Check it out..
www.flickr.com/photos/fstoppers/sets/72157624296312079/

13 years 2 months ago #25893 by Wolfman
You avatar, is that your phone? What is with the tubing thing coming out of it?

13 years 2 months ago #25894 by Lauren C

Wolfman wrote: Not I. However I have seen professional pictures from a cell phone.
Check it out..
www.flickr.com/photos/fstoppers/sets/72157624296312079/

Wow those are amazing. I wish I could do that.

13 years 2 months ago #25895 by Lauren C

Wolfman wrote: You avatar, is that your phone? What is with the tubing thing coming out of it?

No it's not my phone. It's just image I found on the web, however it does have what I want. That tubing thing you talk about is a lens that you can put onto the cell phone.

13 years 2 months ago #25897 by Wolfman
That is awesome.

13 years 2 months ago #25920 by Bethie
IMO, unless the picture can be taken professionally ( link posted). Cell phone pictures do not do justice.

13 years 2 months ago #25933 by Baydream

Bethie wrote: IMO, unless the picture can be taken professionally ( link posted). Cell phone pictures do not do justice.

Dewitt Jones, the great photographer and Keynote Speaker
www.dewittjones.com/
has been posting some iPhone photos on Facebook for the past several weeks. Some of them have been amazing. Here is his latest from FB.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #25968 by Nod
I have never even tried the camera on my phone.

13 years 2 months ago #25978 by Thirsty Beaver

Nod wrote: I have never even tried the camera on my phone.

Same here, I know it has one, but never used it.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26093 by Stealthy Ninja
It's more lighting than anything else. Get the lighting right and you're half way there.

The "professional" shots linked above are only good because of the lighting.

If you look closely at those pictures, they lack detail and look really noisy. They look fine small sized but look at this slightly larger one and you'll see why people skip cell/mobile phones for pro work. ;)

farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4761003169_b9166873c9_b.jpg

Even a cheap DSLR (probably costing less than a iPhone) will do better.
13 years 2 months ago #26098 by Baydream

Stealthy Ninja wrote: It's more lighting than anything else. Get the lighting right and you're half way there.

If you look closely at those pictures, they lack detail and look really noisy. They look fine small sized but look at this slightly larger one and you'll see why people skip cell/mobile phones for pro work. ;)

:agree: I think it just shows that you whether to use a $5000 DSLR or a cell phone, it's the person behind the device that recognizes the image. The cell phone is good for photographing the perp that just stole your DSLR. :slapface:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26197 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote: It's more lighting than anything else. Get the lighting right and you're half way there.

If you blew that up, it would look horrible.

If they brought that into be edited, i'd be mad and tell them to do it over.

I do agree it's not the camera, it's the photographer.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26229 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

If you blew that up, it would look horrible.

If they brought that into be edited, i'd be mad and tell them to do it over.

I do agree it's not the camera, it's the photographer.

Yep, basically it's good for the web only IMHO (unless you converted it to black and white and called all the crappy noise "artistic". :whistle:
13 years 2 months ago #26267 by Rob pix4u2
cellular cameras are for non-photographers

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024