Who has better price protection policy: Adorama or B&H?

7 years 7 months ago #346671 by Jeff Dutton
I have some new lenses I'm going to be buying here pretty soon and it would seem that Adorama and B&H both are close to price to each other.  I'm wondering which would have a better price protection policy?  So if I buy something and then  find a better price else where, do they refund the difference to me, or in store credit?  Ideally I'm looking for credit back to me.  I can't stand in store credit. In store credit forces you to buy more stuff that you might not need. 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #346683 by effron
Call and ask, but I don't think they will have a "price guarantee". 

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

7 years 7 months ago #346711 by Baydream
I agree with Ernesto. There is also some off-the-site that will cut prices and deliver grey market. Prices on the big sites also reflect manufacturers discounts, etc. so they can not absorb past prices. I bought a new 70D at B&H and got money off and a kit (camera bag, extra battery and card). That deal did not exist a month before and does not exist now. 

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

7 years 7 months ago #346743 by One Wish
I do believe Adorama has a 30 day price guarantee for in house credit only

Photo Comments

7 years 7 months ago #346859 by Gump
They both are most likely the same, 30 day in store

Photo Comments

7 years 7 months ago #347023 by ShutterPal
That's why I do my research first, most of these sites will try to keep your money. 

Photo Comments

7 years 7 months ago #347081 by Baydream
Usually service and dependability are the determining factor. I am moving toward one because of some issues with the other. Does not pay to save a couple of bucks if you get the shaft.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

7 years 7 months ago #347121 by Frost Photography

Baydream wrote: Usually service and dependability are the determining factor. I am moving toward one because of some issues with the other. Does not pay to save a couple of bucks if you get the shaft.

:agree:

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II isn't a professional camera by any means, but if you're looking for a small, capable, compact camera, this might be the one for you.

Sep 02, 2021

If you think a nearly decade-old camera can't still hack it, you're wrong. Though it isn't perfect, the Fujifilm X-E2 is still a solid camera.

Sep 02, 2021

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 is five years old now, but does it still pass muster as a quality camera in 2021? Find out in this detailed review!

Aug 24, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

One of the most common ways of upselling clients is to offer prints. But how to get your clients to buy more prints can be a mystery. Here's how.

Sep 16, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

With these wedding photography accessories, you'll not only look good, but you'll also have gear that helps improve your workflow.

Sep 16, 2021

There are many benefits of buying used lenses, not the least of which is that you can save some money. Check out this guide for even more reasons to buy used.

Sep 15, 2021

Understanding what to charge for commercial real estate photography services is paramount to your success - now and in the future.

Sep 14, 2021

In this year's edition of our holiday gift guides, we've got some fantastic gifts for photographers that will cost you less than $150

Sep 14, 2021

There are many advantages of LED lighting for portraits. Learn a few of the best benefits of this kind of lighting in this portrait photography lighting tutorial.

Sep 13, 2021

Use these beginner photography tips to learn how to get started in photography and how to be comfortable behind the lens.

Sep 13, 2021