Do you preserve your photos besides hard drives?

10 years 2 months ago #348753 by Foxy Girl
The more photos I take, the more others get buried deep in my back up hard drives.  Does anyone make printed photo books any more to make the memories more available for viewing?  

I just came across a old school photo album and this reminds me that I have not made a photo book in years!  

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #348775 by effron
I only store on hard drives, but my wife has been after me to burn my favorites (and hers) to a DVD and/or make a photo book. I have a few portable external HDs and one I use for processed images only, and its getting pretty full. Other than a few prints, that's it. If I were doing this professionally, there would be an offsite storage or two as well.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #348801 by Trisha.M
I have my favorites on our Apple TV box as screen saver 

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #348823 by Joves
Yeah like Ernesto mine are pretty much on externals with the ones I like in their own files. I have my filing system setup by subject, and then in those files ones that are by year. This way it is easier for me to find a specific photo. I think I have about 300 gigs of photos in total, and of that about 1/4 in the sorted files. The rest for me are just memory photos that are not that great, but make me recall a particular day that I was out, and about. 

10 years 2 months ago #348945 by Jim Photo
We have 5 electronic picture frames around the house that have photos from family events on them.

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #348967 by garyrhook
I've learned that there is nothing like a print for a good image. I enjoy making photo books and framing and hanging larger prints (11x14) or foamboard mounting 16x24 prints.  And canvas is way fun.

I do want to acquire an electronic frame of a decent size (at least 8x12 if not larger) that doesn't turn itself off. Someday.

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #349121 by C.C.
Can I ask where you all are getting your prints?  Let's say you wanted to put together a photo album printed as a coffee table book with 100 photos (random number), how much would that cost me?

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #349211 by Overread
We have 4 and are getting ready to make a 5th photo book.  I personally use Shutterfly.com.  They aren't the cheapest, but their service is good.  From time to time they have sales where you can save.

My wife and I make a weekend out of one of these.  Wine, photos and good time selecting our top picks from a family event in Lightroom catalog. 

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #349371 by StephanieW
I'll make an album for occasions like vacations or major events. Only for the big stuff though. Then I have my portfolio that has all my best work in it as well.

10 years 2 months ago #349389 by Angel13
I print out my favorites and hang them on the wall. Only the best make it up, though. I also have a portfolio. Everything else is digital.

10 years 2 months ago #349435 by Stealthy Ninja
Facebook :P

Seriously though, online storage options are what I use (technically still a HDD I know).
10 years 2 months ago #349745 by I shoot RAW
Well, not so much with photo books.  We do print and frame a number of our photos though

Wasn't me :)
Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #349979 by Allen D
Facebook?   Not a chance! My wife deals with our own albums.  She was buying them from one company, but the closed down.  Which reminds me, who are you guys buying your albums from?  Do the allow you to upload and see the pages before they are printed?  

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #350135 by StephanieW
I create my own, but my "books" are more photo albums and stuff like that than actual bound books. I'm a crafty sort of person anyway so I like piecing them together.

10 years 2 months ago #350199 by MYoung
1.  Framed on walls
2.  Photo albums
3.  Electronic photos located on fireplace

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024