Do you still carry a physical photo portfolio around with you?

7 years 7 months ago #495309 by Addicted2Photos
I've just updated my photos in my 'best' portfolio and trying to decide if I want to stick with a nice leather album for my portfolio or move to digital.  

Do photographers still carry around nice leather albums to show off their best stuff?  Or am I the last one?   

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495315 by srubio77
Still have have my large physical portfolio, although I've been considering developing a digital portfolio to supplement. I think a lot of people still appreciate a beautiful print, but I also believe that there is probably a time and place for both.

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495394 by Joves
Well if I did carry a portfolio then it would be in a printed format. This I would think would set you apart from far too many people in the digital age. That and photos have a totally different appeal in print, over digital. I like seeing photos on a screen as well, but they are just back lit images to me. Nothing special at all, it is like looking at negatives on a light table.

7 years 7 months ago #495415 by Tony Imaging
I do, but I don't update it as often as my digital version

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495416 by Denise Lattimer
I still carry a physical portfolio. There's been a couple of times that I met with a client and the internet died or the laptop took forever to load or some other technological issue. I keep my physical portfolio up to date, so it's easy to pull out and use in case of emergency.

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495432 by Tony Imaging
Well it's not only that, there is no substitute for handing something tangible to someone.  Smells like leather and the quality lines up with your work.  

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495441 by Lavender Photo
Generally, I only break out my print portfolio for prospective clients or very specific events. On the other hand, I'm much more likely to be carrying around my digital portfolio to show in case of emergencies. 

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495520 by ThatNikonGuy
I do have one, however don't show it to all clients.  Depends on the job. 

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495542 by Sammy Marc

Lavender Photo wrote: Generally, I only break out my print portfolio for prospective clients or very specific events. On the other hand, I'm much more likely to be carrying around my digital portfolio to show in case of emergencies. 

:agree:

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495700 by Fess Walker
Yes and I always will.   IMO there is just no way of getting a person excited about your work like a physical album can do.  

It's a must have. 

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495973 by Ontherocks
Mine are stored online, so I can access on my iPhone and iPad.  

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #496001 by Sarah Ramirez

Tony Imaging wrote: Well it's not only that, there is no substitute for handing something tangible to someone.  Smells like leather and the quality lines up with your work.  

My thoughts exactly. I mean I have an online portfolio but there's just something about having a physical portfolio to touch and feel that gets clients super excited.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024