New addition to the desk

6 years 7 months ago #544645 by Alex
I decided I wanted to get a photo of my son done in one of those acrylic blocks, something that would look good on my desk.  I've seen some poorly finished acrylic blocks in the past, so wanted to make sure I found someone that could do a great job.  After reading a zillion enthusiastic reviews (ok, not that many, but they have something like 2000 of them!) for a company called BumbleJax, I decided to give them a shot.  

I ordered a 1" thick 6x8 acrylic block and went for the metallic paper upgrade.  So it arrived yesterday and I have to say this looks awesome and definitely was the right look I was after.  What's funny, is when my wife saw it, she tried taking it for her office!  LOL I'm going to pick a different photo of our son and surprise her with one for Christmas.

Anyway, I just ordered another acrylic block, this time using one of my landscape shots, and going a little bit bigger.  Should be here next week.  I'll post up photos of that one when it comes.  

Here's their website:  www.bumblejax.com   They have some cools stuff.  

Here are the photos, let me know what you think:

Make: SONY
Model: ILCE-6300
Lens: 30mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary 016
ISO: 800
Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Captured: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 9:10am

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
6 years 7 months ago #544648 by effron
Good stuff, I'm also impressed with the photo #3 monitor....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 7 months ago #544670 by Ruby Grace
Your son is adorable Alex.  Can that be mounted on the wall?  

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
6 years 7 months ago #544674 by Screamin Scott
Nice photo/idea & nice monitor.... Looks to be a curved monitor....

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
6 years 7 months ago #544675 by Chris Briggs
@#$#$  how wide is your monitor?  

That photo looks to be the perfect size.  Will that scratch easy?  If so, can your buff it shiny again? 

Photo Comments
6 years 7 months ago #544679 by PhoenixPix
:thumbsup:

6 years 7 months ago #544687 by Tim Dordeck
:thumbsup:  we send out acrylic blocks of our kids to the family members each Christmas .  The company we have been using delivered slow last 2 years.  How long did it take for you to get this from time you ordered? 

Photo Comments
6 years 7 months ago #544694 by Silver Fox
I'll say your desk is a lot cleaner than mine is at the moment!  

Photo looks great Alex.  Do you happen to know if that will fade if left in direct sunlight?  

Photo Comments
6 years 7 months ago #544723 by Ian Stone
Sharp looking set up

Photo Comments
6 years 7 months ago #544729 by Richard K Photography
Have a few myself, if done right, those colors just pop.  This looks great.  

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #544754 by Shadowfixer1
Looks good. First thing I think of when I see it, is how did they get into Neyland Stadium with a tricycle, then I remember you are in California and the checkerboard is there somewhere. Nice desk. I can barely see mine.
6 years 6 months ago #544772 by Rohan Tushar
Hello Alex! That's a nice photo in acrylic block. You have a wonderful son! Cheers! 

6 years 6 months ago #544783 by Kenta
Awwwww, he has grown so much.  I remember some of your earlier photos when he was just a baby.  Nice touch, can't wait to see the landscape shot you went with.  When that stands on your desk, how stable is that?

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #544906 by Harrison J
:judge:

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #544959 by Moe
Nice!

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024