How do you carry your tripod?

5 years 1 month ago #635140 by Piechura
I was wondering how people carry their tripod, because I'm probably going to be trekking in Nepal later this year and I'd like a setup that's comfortable to carry but easy to actually get at when I need it. When I'm using it around the city, I can just use the shoulder bag they provided, but I imagine that'll become uncomfortable pretty quickly in the Himalayas. I've looked at a few videos about attaching them to bags which would be the ideal solution, but my (Lowepro) camera bag doesn't seem to have a lot of options for attaching extra straps.

5 years 1 month ago #635142 by Ira Weber
What bag do you have?  Most backpacks will have the option to carry a tripod along one or both of the sides.  Then there is the very back that will often have some sort of tripod storage system integrated into it.  While on topic, have you looked for 'secret' pockets that have specially made tripod pockets to hold the legs?

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #635328 by Foxy Girl
I keep min strapped to the back of my Lowepro back pack, sometimes I'll use it as a walking stick by extending only one leg to height.  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #635451 by Sawyer
Strapped to the side of my backpack or on top of my shoulder bag

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #635472 by Piechura

Ira Weber wrote: What bag do you have?

I've got the Lowepro Fastpack 250, which doesn't have anywhere obvious to attach a tripod. I found a video on Youtube with a guy that attached a tripod using a bungee and put two of the legs in the mesh bottle holder, but I definitely wouldn't want that mesh to be in any way load-bearing. I'll have to try it out.

5 years 1 month ago #635587 by Gump
Depends on what bag I have with me.  Backpacks it's either strapped to the side or if I'm local, I'll just carry it.  Long hikes, it's strapped.   When I'm going local and LITE, then I'll use my messenger or sling and I always just carry my tripod in my hand.  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #635603 by Chuck Liley
I'm with you Gump, pretty straight forward on lugging a tripod around. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024