How do you carry your tripod?

2 months 1 week ago #635140 by Piechura
I was wondering how people carry their tripod, because I'm probably going to be trekking in Nepal later this year and I'd like a setup that's comfortable to carry but easy to actually get at when I need it. When I'm using it around the city, I can just use the shoulder bag they provided, but I imagine that'll become uncomfortable pretty quickly in the Himalayas. I've looked at a few videos about attaching them to bags which would be the ideal solution, but my (Lowepro) camera bag doesn't seem to have a lot of options for attaching extra straps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #635142 by Ira Weber
What bag do you have?  Most backpacks will have the option to carry a tripod along one or both of the sides.  Then there is the very back that will often have some sort of tripod storage system integrated into it.  While on topic, have you looked for 'secret' pockets that have specially made tripod pockets to hold the legs?

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #635328 by Foxy Girl
I keep min strapped to the back of my Lowepro back pack, sometimes I'll use it as a walking stick by extending only one leg to height.  

Photo Comments

2 months 6 days ago #635451 by Sawyer
Strapped to the side of my backpack or on top of my shoulder bag

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments

2 months 6 days ago #635472 by Piechura

Ira Weber wrote: What bag do you have?

I've got the Lowepro Fastpack 250, which doesn't have anywhere obvious to attach a tripod. I found a video on Youtube with a guy that attached a tripod using a bungee and put two of the legs in the mesh bottle holder, but I definitely wouldn't want that mesh to be in any way load-bearing. I'll have to try it out.

2 months 5 days ago #635587 by Gump
Depends on what bag I have with me.  Backpacks it's either strapped to the side or if I'm local, I'll just carry it.  Long hikes, it's strapped.   When I'm going local and LITE, then I'll use my messenger or sling and I always just carry my tripod in my hand.  

Photo Comments

2 months 5 days ago #635603 by Chuck Liley
I'm with you Gump, pretty straight forward on lugging a tripod around. 

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Should you buy a Canon EOS RP or a Nikon Z6? In this EOS RP vs Z6 comparison, we take a look at the specs, performance, and prices of these mirrorless cameras.

May 20, 2019

In this Panasonic GH5 review, learn if this camera's features for still photography and videography are still top-of-the-class in 2019.

May 15, 2019

In this Sony a7R III vs Panasonic GH5 comparison, we take a look at the sensor, ISO performance, video capabilities, and image stabilization of these cameras, and much more.

May 10, 2019

In this Nikon D3300 review, learn about this entry-level camera's specifications, features, and performance so you can decide if it's the best beginner camera for you.

Apr 30, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The brand-new Peak Design Travel Tripod is a game-changing, innovative piece of kit that will influence how tripods are designed for years to come.

May 21, 2019

With these advanced landscape photography tips you'll learn a few techniques for taking landscape photography to the next level.

May 20, 2019

Should you buy a Canon EOS RP or a Nikon Z6? In this EOS RP vs Z6 comparison, we take a look at the specs, performance, and prices of these mirrorless cameras.

May 20, 2019

Photo by Thomas Griggs on Unsplash Easter Island only has 5,700 inhabitants, but the more than 150,000 tourists that visit the...

May 19, 2019

Searching for "photography jobs" and "places hiring near me" is not a good enough strategy for how to find photography jobs. In this article, learn where and how to find the job for you.

May 16, 2019

You're probably familiar with famous photographers like Ansel Adams, but do you know the highest paid photographers of all time? Check this list to find out.

May 16, 2019

What are the best used cameras under $100? There are plenty of choices, but the digital cameras under $100 on this list are both capable and well under budget.

May 16, 2019

There are many landscape photography myths and misconceptions that can derail your ability to get the best shots. Learn about common myths to avoid in this quick guide.

May 16, 2019