Amazon knows how to squeeze every dime out of you

5 years 1 week ago #640708 by Wyrick Photography
I'm ordering a 32GB SD memory card for for a Zoom H5 audio recorder I just picked up.  Amazon teased me with free same day delivery if I bump my order up over $35.  

LMAO  No wonder how Jeff Bezos has so much $$.  Squeezing ever dime from us common folks.  

Canon 5d Mark II • Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 • Canon 135mm F/2.0 • Canon 50mm F/1.8 • Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 • Canon 580ex ii
Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #640710 by Troponin
Amazon doesn’t typically have lower prices, or even  competitive prices, any longer. They are riding the convenience train now that they have established their customer base. I start doing some more local shopping and finding better prices. The downside is, there aren’t any local camera shops, nor anyone that services them, so I stick to B&H for most of that stuff now. Amazon is filled with counterfeit electronics and a warehouse so huge they can’t even control it any longer. 

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #640736 by garyrhook
What he said, above.

It's about convenience and breadth of offerings. And the whole add-on concept is annoying when that same product can't be had any other way.

Amazon's use of techniques to get you to spend more isn't really any different than any other vendor. They all do that.

Photo Comments
5 years 6 days ago #640824 by fmw
Bezos is doing what should do.  His job is to maximize profits, just like any business.  What he is doing is making you pay for your impatience.  Be more patient.  It will save you money.

Photo Comments
5 years 4 days ago #640953 by Sawyer
The famous would you like more fries upsell that was coined by McDonald’s.

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
5 years 3 days ago #641129 by H Rocky
LOL Amazon get's me often.  No regrets, just they are good at what they do. Speaking of which, time to scratch an itch. 

Photo Comments
5 years 2 days ago #641348 by Robert Chen
Amazon didn't to be the largest company on this planet from just selling books. The evolved into a mean green selling machine.  

Nikon D300 24-70mm f2.8
70-200mm f2.8
50mm f1.4 & 50mm f1.8
105mm f2.8
2 SB800

Photo Comments
5 years 1 day ago #641428 by Luca
So true!!!  They got $84.02 from me this morning. 

Photo Comments
5 years 1 day ago #641436 by GaryA
ooohhhh ... the connivence ... I love Amazon and Amazon claims they love me.  

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 day ago #641441 by GaryA
PS- I use Amazon a lot and found their pricing to be quite competitive ... not necessarily the cheapest, but always in the ballpark.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 day ago #641542 by Luca
Agree, For the most part their prices are better. But you do need to price shop for the pricer items. 

Photo Comments
5 years 10 hours ago #641650 by Prago
I’d be curious to know what lifetime value of a customer is for Amazon!

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #641685 by Paul Velasco
Here's what I could find

"AMAZON: Consumer Intelligence Research Partners estimates that Amazon Kindle owners spend approximately $1,233 per year buying stuff from Amazon, compared to $790 per year for other customers. So Amazon pays close attention to Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)"

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024