Do you still own your first camera?

1 week 1 minute ago #644260 by Zach Mosher
There was a discussion on another board I belong to today talking about first cameras.  I was surprised how many people still own their first cameras!

I barely remember what my first camera was, let alone still have it. 

Do you still have your first camera?  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 days 23 hours ago #644261 by Nikon Shooter
Nope… who would want to hold to an Instamatic anyway?  :rofl:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster

6 days 11 hours ago #644292 by donmammoser
Yes, I still own have my first camera. I remember when I was 11 or 12 and my dad gave me two things: a copy of a magazine devoted to Ansel Adams and other one is his old cameras: a Kodak Medalist II and I am very pleased to say this is still in good position. Whenever I go for a trip I often carry this as the camera quality of this is really amazing.

6 days 10 hours ago #644294 by KevinH
I still own mine. Canon A-1. Still in great condition. The data back is out of date by about 25 years though. Still have all my original Canon and Tamron lenses I bought with it. I bought this in 1978 shortly after it first came out.

6 days 10 hours ago #644299 by earthian
I have most of my cameras starting from my Dad's Agfa Clack in 1971. Followed by my brothers canon AT1, a ZENIT SLR, Nikon D70 s(stolen), D3s, D850. I had a SONY or was it Citizen instamatic but forget the model.

6 days 1 hour ago #644410 by Alex
Nope, sold that camera when I moved into the D700 10 years ago.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

5 days 21 hours ago #644421 by Ted Baker
I don't even still have my first wife!  LOL

Seriously though, my first camera is long, long gone. 

Photo Comments

5 days 6 hours ago #644532 by Ian Stone
When I'm ready to move onto another camera, I sell it then.  No since in keeping it, it's only going to depreciate in value in most cases.  Might as well get FMV for it and fund my new purchase.  

Photo Comments

4 days 17 hours ago #644562 by Paris Gal
No I do not. 

5D mark II gripped | Canon 100L | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 50 1.4 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 580ex II | 430ex II x 2 |
Photo Comments

4 days 4 hours ago #644603 by Moe
OMG no.  That was like 16 years ago. That camera is long gone!

Photo Comments

4 days 53 minutes ago #644626 by Stanly
Lol, really?

I think there are very few people that will still have their very first camera. 

Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

3 days 17 hours ago #644635 by Frost Photography
+1 agree and add me to that list.  

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments

3 days 4 hours ago #644681 by J Hemingway

Nikon Shooter wrote: Nope… who would want to hold to an Instamatic anyway?  :rofl:

Agree unless you are some sort of collector.  :agree:

Photo Comments

1 day 16 hours ago #644852 by Dan Spade
Yeah right that sucker is long gone. 

Photo Comments

16 hours 48 minutes ago #645022 by Hawkins
Not here, I gave that camera to my sister.  She has it.  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Recommended Gear

Latest Reviews

Should you buy a Canon EOS RP or a Nikon Z6? In this EOS RP vs Z6 comparison, we take a look at the specs, performance, and prices of these mirrorless cameras.

May 20, 2019

In this Panasonic GH5 review, learn if this camera's features for still photography and videography are still top-of-the-class in 2019.

May 15, 2019

In this Sony a7R III vs Panasonic GH5 comparison, we take a look at the sensor, ISO performance, video capabilities, and image stabilization of these cameras, and much more.

May 10, 2019

In this Nikon D3300 review, learn about this entry-level camera's specifications, features, and performance so you can decide if it's the best beginner camera for you.

Apr 30, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Not sure what kind of camera strap is right for you? In this article, I offer my thoughts of the pros and cons of several common types of camera straps.

May 21, 2019

The brand-new Peak Design Travel Tripod is a game-changing, innovative piece of kit that will influence how tripods are designed for years to come.

May 21, 2019

With these advanced landscape photography tips you'll learn a few techniques for taking landscape photography to the next level.

May 20, 2019

Should you buy a Canon EOS RP or a Nikon Z6? In this EOS RP vs Z6 comparison, we take a look at the specs, performance, and prices of these mirrorless cameras.

May 20, 2019

Photo by Thomas Griggs on Unsplash Easter Island only has 5,700 inhabitants, but the more than 150,000 tourists that visit the...

May 19, 2019

Searching for "photography jobs" and "places hiring near me" is not a good enough strategy for how to find photography jobs. In this article, learn where and how to find the job for you.

May 16, 2019

You're probably familiar with famous photographers like Ansel Adams, but do you know the highest paid photographers of all time? Check this list to find out.

May 16, 2019

What are the best used cameras under $100? There are plenty of choices, but the digital cameras under $100 on this list are both capable and well under budget.

May 16, 2019