Photography ruining society?

4 years 7 months ago #658193 by ShutterPal
I've been traveling last few weeks and getting back back home yesterday.  While in Oakland on layover, I had been watching YouTube video's and one photographer had posted a video ranting on how photography had been ruining society.  The guy had some colorful language getting used so I didn't watch more than 20 seconds as there were kids around.  I thought I had saved it to watch later and turns out I didn't.  I want to watch it, and see what he was talking about.  

I can't seem to find the video, I don't supposed you have seen such clip?  Please share URL if you have it.  Thanks!

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658195 by Nikon Shooter
Your browser should have the link in its History menu.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658221 by Oh Bob
Doesn't sound like a video i would be anxious to go finding.  I don't buy into minority opinions like that. 

4 years 7 months ago #658227 by NickSano
Talk to enough people and you'll find people that look for the negative in just about anything.  

Now if they are talking about Instagram photographers, perhaps so.  :rofl:

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658301 by Instamixes
That is just a small thinking person. Photography is an art that is necessary for society. Some photographers might be ruining our society, not photography. And I didn't hear about that video anywhere.

4 years 7 months ago #658322 by effron
"Some photographers might be ruining our society, not photography."

Bingo

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658342 by EOS Man
Some people just are clueless, and that is when the rules of Darwin take over.  

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658343 by garyrhook
Photography? I don't think so. There are a lot of other things that are far more problematic in society than photography.

IMNSHO, of course.

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658443 by Sandy Smith Photos
Yep, this sounds like what you read was just someone misinformed and it was a topic they were talking from the butt.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024