Red-carpet event: Job for photographers in Boston area

10 months 6 days ago #661259 by Alex
I had a company reach out to me this morning.  They are offering $500 from 8am-4pm
October 15th.  

Here is what they sent me:

"Looking for energetic, photographers with an eye for capturing photos that help tell a story through visual media. We need photographers that can capture photos for a red-carpet event with global thought leaders and CEO’s from around the world on October 15th.  This suit and tie event will be broadcasting live for FOX, ABC and other network syndicated shows for Traders Network Show.

We’re looking for 3 photographers October 15th at Seaport Trade Center. This high level and social impact event will be a great addition to your digital portfolio and your resume. 
Photographing: red carpet, conference panels and behind the scenes.

• Coverage of the event will air across 119 active ABC, CBC, CBS and FOX network affiliates
  • ABC, CBC, CBS and FOX network coverage
  • plus, editorial interviews with news publications"
If you are interested in this job, PM me and I'll connect you to them!  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 5 days ago #661277 by garyrhook
$500 for eight hours? That's it?

Wow.

I'm guessing they want to own the rights to all images, too.

Photo Comments

10 months 5 days ago #661293 by effron
That's a traffic Tuesday, five hundred would barely cover parking.....:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

10 months 5 days ago #661294 by Nikon Shooter
I'm sure they'll find someone to do it for the "glory"!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

10 months 4 days ago #661331 by Pettigrew
Sorry, pass

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments

10 months 2 days ago #661529 by Alex
Yep, i hear you guys.  Well to be honest, they originally had a lower  number.   I shared that was not going to excite anyone.  I wasn't expecting what was posted to either.  However these are some friends I'e known for 17 years, so I copied and pasted what they sent me as a favor.  You never know, someone might have been interested in it.  

Photo Comments

10 months 2 days ago #661532 by effron
If may have been good for someone local in Beantown, but to travel there on a workday is misery. Its not the event that's the turn off, its Boston.....IMHO.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

10 months 2 days ago #661535 by Alex

effron wrote: If may have been good for someone local in Beantown, but to travel there on a workday is misery. Its not the event that's the turn off, its Boston.....IMHO.

Oh yeah I hear you on that one brother.   

I'm not sure if I mentioned last year when my family and I visited Boston, it was my first time.  Actually we all loved it there.  I guess it's much different on short visits when you don't have to work.  Seafood was incredible there.  Theres a 3 story children museum there that my son absolutely loved.  I have to say it was even entertaining for me!  

Photo Comments

10 months 2 days ago - 10 months 2 days ago #661558 by effron
I'm biased, my oldest son spent four years at Northeastern University, I not only drove into and out of that city often, I moved in and out at least four times....:angry:
Its actually an OK city as they go, culture, history and as you said, a couple world class museums....the issue is I've become a hick and hate traffic now.
(Go figure, I grew up in L.A.)

I hope they find some photographers......

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

10 months 2 days ago #661673 by Rob Conley
Fame!  I'm going to live forever!  

Photo Comments

10 months 1 day ago #661799 by garyrhook
I like Boston very much, and enjoy travelling there. I think the job sounds like it would be both challenging and interesting.

But that's not enough money to shoot and deliver images that they likely wouldn't be willing to license at a reasonable rate.

There's always money for everything except the photographer.

Thanks, Alex, and no intent to be a butthead. And good for you for pushing back right away. Hopefully they'll figure out that if they want pro results they'll need to pay pro wages. ("Pro" as in experienced and comparable to industry norms.)

Photo Comments

10 months 1 day ago #661806 by Alex
It's all good Gary!  Yeah I'm stuck in the middle, as a friend I'd be a jerk if I didn't share this with PT, but first I had to get them to pump their price up a bit, and I will say it's almost double of where it was.  Which I'm sure the responses would have been a lot more 'interesting' if I had posted that.  

THEN, on the other side of things, it's not enough that would motivate most.  But you never know.  

Effron - moved in and out 3-4 times?  LMAO did you get a t-shirt or at least a coffee mug with that fun fact on it?  I hear you on the traffic, in California traffic can be an arm pit!  

Speaking of which.  I'm heading down to Laguna in a few minutes to test out some filters.  I'm not looking forward to the traffic on the way there!  

Photo Comments

10 months 23 hours ago #661816 by effron
Moved my son in and out, holidays back and forth, etc....all I got was the privilege to cosign on a mountain of debt. We didn't fall for that ripoff with no. two son though.
I also know about LA traffic, I lived there the first thirty five years of my life...at least I thought that was living. I miss nothing about California except the beaches, deserts and mountains......:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

10 months 28 minutes ago #661947 by EOS Man
If I was in the area, it would have to be double of that for full 8 hours.  

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Fujifilm X-E3 review, learn about the specs, features, pros, cons, and more of this excellent entry-level mirrorless camera.

Aug 05, 2020

In this Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7500 matchup, we explore the features and specs, pros and cons, and prices of these older, but highly capable DSLRs.

Jun 22, 2020

Check out this Sony a7R IV review to learn all about this incredible camera's specs, features, image quality, price, and more.

Jun 15, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix S1 might be a few years old, but its features and specs (and its used price today) make it worth a long, hard look.

Jun 08, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With this list of gifts for photographers under $250, you have tons of great holiday gift ideas for the photographer on your list!

Aug 06, 2020

photo album, photo album features, best photo album, photo album layout

Aug 05, 2020

The Canon EOS 80D is several years old, but it has some great specs and features that still make it a solid choice in 2020.

Aug 05, 2020

In this Fujifilm X-E3 review, learn about the specs, features, pros, cons, and more of this excellent entry-level mirrorless camera.

Aug 05, 2020

A great way to supplement your income is to sell stock photos. The question is, how do you sell photos online? Use these tips to increase stock photography sales.

Aug 04, 2020

Our upcoming photography trek and adventure series will provide you with actionable steps you can take to improve your photography and get ready for outdoor adventures of your own.

Aug 04, 2020

Not sure how to use your camera as a webcam? Use this guide to learn how to set up a DSLR or mirrorless camera with your computer.

Aug 04, 2020

A common question beginner photographers have is, what are step up rings? Learn what they are, why they're valuable, and where you can get a next-generation step up ring.

Aug 04, 2020