Today's Amazing Astronomy Photos of the Day!

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #28710 by PhotographyTalk
Thanks to our friends at Anacortes ( www.buytelescopes.com ) we have some new astronomy photos to share! Today's shots are from a photographer named "Stephen Fry". These are a few of his 3 pages of photos, if you would like to see more of his photos, here's his gallery.

Alnitak Area - HaRGB Image:

The Crescent Nebula in Ha

The Medusa Nebula

The Rosette Nebula

The Whirlpool Galaxy

Thor's Helmet

To view more of Stephen Fry's photos or to see what equipment he used to take these amazing shots CLICK HERE .

13 years 2 months ago #28713 by Moossmann
Very cool! Rosette Nebula is my favorite!

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #28716 by Monster
Those are cool pix, some serious lens power is needed to get those I'm guessing. :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #28734 by Village Clown
Amazing, any idea of how long exposure they would need to get photos like these?

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #28743 by Eddy
Thanks for sharing these. One of these days I would like to get into astrophotography. Need to save up some money first!

13 years 2 months ago #28790 by lady lor
That's a wonderful thing to share with all of us. Don't know the name of it, but last picture in the series is my favorite.

13 years 2 months ago #28863 by Yasko

Village Clown wrote: Amazing, any idea of how long exposure they would need to get photos like these?

Hours, apparently. I just visited the source site, and whirlpool galaxy shot took 7 hours!

Beautiful shots, I love astrophotos

13 years 2 months ago #28904 by Monster

Yasko wrote:

Village Clown wrote: Amazing, any idea of how long exposure they would need to get photos like these?

Hours, apparently. I just visited the source site, and whirlpool galaxy shot took 7 hours!

Beautiful shots, I love astrophotos

7 hours? How is the possible? Wouldn't that just burn up the camera's sensor when shutter kept open that long?

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #28951 by Jeffster
:judge: :judge:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #28998 by Hawkins
I really like the close up shots of planets, back in school astronomy was one of my favorite topics. The photos are just so fascinating.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #28999 by McBeth Photography

Hawkins wrote: I really like the close up shots of planets, back in school astronomy was one of my favorite topics. The photos are just so fascinating.

Ditto, just amazing!

It is what it is.
13 years 2 months ago #29028 by Conner
So what is a affordable "starter" package for looking at the stars and photographing them?

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #29049 by b0caj
Amazing! :thumbsup:

13 years 2 months ago #29110 by herbyork
Astronomy photos are taken in seconds to minutes.

The photographer adds these to a total of 7 hours. It was not one 7 hour exposure.

L 20 one minute
R 20 one minute
G 20 one minute
B 20 one minute
Ha 20 minute

Would add up to 100 minutes for example

Thank you
Herb
www.buytelescopes.com

13 years 2 months ago #29112 by herbyork
Best to decide on a budget and then see what fits that budget.

It is common for us to sell a $400 telescope the same day that someone buys a $50,000 rig. Both have the same goal.

Thank you
Herb
www.buytelescopes.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024