Why YOU need to print YOUR photos!

4 years 2 months ago #672686 by Alex
Enjoy friends!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: lestermozo, cowboyup3371, LensofNature, Terryms, MikeAvc
3 years 8 months ago #689844 by JeffK-2020
Thank you for posting.... not much talk about printing photos these days. I am beginning the research for the perfect - affordable - professional printer capable of getting poster size prints.... any advice?

3 years 7 months ago #694810 by saponcpa
I need my personal photo and landscape photo printing. Because I love them and also showing my creativity  

3 years 6 months ago #694846 by cbo315
I grew up with film.  Printing, for me anyway, is the other half of photography.

3 years 6 months ago #697000 by db3348
Glad to hear it cbo315

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #700087 by maxbe
Hello Alex,
Thanks for sharing this beneficial video about "why you need to print your photos?"

The following user(s) said Thank You: freddylegen
3 years 1 month ago #710674 by damienfranco
There's something about printing your photos yourself that really feels like it's completing the whole circle of photography.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Spirit Vision Photography
2 years 5 months ago #726081 by photoguy214
Hello.

Although I print a very small percentage of my images, I do enjoy printing and displaying true keepers. I am using the Canon PRO-200 and am pleased with the results.

2 years 3 months ago #729198 by stampasolutions
Hi Alex,
very interesting video. thanks for sharing with us.

2 years 1 month ago #731774 by r1ch
First  to have the freedom to agree to disagree is freeing indeed, First, I hate printers, and I hate printing pictures. I have had a several 8.5x11 photo printers and a 11x17 printer. Ink is like gold, it is expensive, it is messy. Ink tanks, clogged head, the area required, it is an eyesore, tiny little expensive print cartridges. Nope, no thanks, been there done that. I grew up in film days, my last film camera was a nikon N90s. I loved it because I NEVER had to print. I would send it off to a camera shop/photo shop, no color balance, hours with photoshop corrections, just send them in. In later days Walgreens or Walmart who would even scan my negatives and make them digital. Loved it.  They would not have to worry about the process, I would get my pictures back and I would cull them. Bought first printer. Hated the mess, the cost, the complexity, making sure the correct color profile was loaded, clean the heads, waste ink, make sure I had the correct paper, paper profile, dye or pigment inks and the correct paper for each. HATED IT! Never again, no way, no how. Maybe it is better today. I don't care. I have an 8.5x11 canon color photo printer with ink. Never gets used probably all the heads are clogged by now. I have a Canon color laser printer. Use it all the time. Not for photos although I must admit it does not do a bad job for proof.
So what do I do now? I sent my images to a camera store or online place and have my image printed out in 5x7 for family stuff don't even have to edit, some have " skilled team of color technicians that review every single image.". They look great and the price is low. When I want something I can touch. I use online image makers like Shutterfly or even local places do this stuff. You wait for sales, especially around holidays and Christmas to come up and the price is very reasonable, they do a great job and I don't have to worry about the print process. I make my own books, coffee mugs, fridge magnets, place mats. Give them as gifts to family. They seem to like them. I put a few books on the coffee table. Yep. No printing for me ever again.

1 year 11 months ago #735553 by LeonieEiffel
I print a photo to hold on to my old memory and sometimes print for needed.

1 year 11 months ago #735554 by LeonieEiffel
I print a photo to hold on to my old memory and sometimes print when it's needed for my business purposes.

1 year 10 months ago #737347 by No Show
LeonieEiffel - Anyone want to bet this person is a spammer?  

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
1 year 9 months ago #738750 by Terryms
Thank you for this video, this is really imporant to show the importance of printing. As for me, printing is a way to choose the best photo from the others: I print 1 photo from the photoshoot. So I can always enjoy my work and see that I have a progress in this sphere. 

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #746192 by Razky
Why I NEED to print my photos?? Mighty presumptuous.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024