Japan To Spend Billions Relocating Production Out Of China

4 years 3 weeks ago #681831 by CaptNemo
Hell yeah, this is what I'm talking about.  More countries need to follow this and remove China from the equation.  Nikon and Canon are some of the factories here.  

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/japan-spend-billions-relocating-production-out-china

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #681861 by Nikon Shooter
Rejecting an equation that doesn't work may be premature
before more variables were tried.

Third world countries will never get out of their misery with
that kind of solution.

In the case of China, my hunch is to possibly fix the equation
by taking the CCP out of it. I trust the people of China can m-
ke it work by eliminating that variable… Taiwan did.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #681869 by Uplander
Personally, I like the idea.  China has gained way to much pull on the  globe. 

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #681871 by Nikon Shooter
The CCP… not the people.

I do share your discomfort, though.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #682001 by Carry
Well IMO, many of the people have developed the same perceived entitlement and delusion as their government.  Now, of course there are so many there that are good people, just in a crappy place on the map.  

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #682107 by Ben Vanderbilt
Good!  More need to follow and get out of China.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #682109 by garyrhook

Ben Vanderbilt wrote: Good!  More need to follow and get out of China.

Going to have to convince the people that run the corporations, and the shareholders, that they can live with less profit, and that they should take advantage of labor elsewhere (which might cost more).

Good luck with that. Greed always seems to win because it's got to be zero-sum.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #682149 by Adam G
Gary,

When you factor in what companies lost from China's mess they created, it's likely cheaper to bring manufacturing back to the USA.

Photo Comments
4 years 2 weeks ago #682205 by MYoung
Good!

Photo Comments
4 years 2 weeks ago #682290 by Prago
I was just reading that China is buying 1/3 Ecuador rainforest, so they can ruin for fuel mining.  WTH... hasn't the world learned from this whole thing... China is the only one that has gained, and we want to give them more space??  

https://www.businessinsider.com/ecuador-selling-its-rainforest-to-china-2013-3

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
4 years 2 weeks ago #682301 by fmw
I have been calling for an end to Chinese imports for years.  Give the American companies a chance to move elsewhere or, better, bring production home.  China does not have our best interests in mind.  They actually want to replace us as the super power.  Apparently the Japanese have already figured this out.

Photo Comments
4 years 2 weeks ago #682371 by Matt Benton
:agree:   I hope more follow this path

Photo Comments
4 years 2 weeks ago #682399 by Chester Foster
Good, I really hope the world holds China responsible for this.  They need to pony up. 

4 years 2 weeks ago #682436 by nfatu8ed
When I was a kid I listened to people criticise Japanese cars (rice burners they called them) and now those same people drive only Japanese cars - the pay a premium for them. If I was into photography in the 60s I'm sure I would have heard much the same thing about Japanese cameras. I think much the same thing has/will happened his Chinese products. Agreed, CCP is an awful regime - but we in the so called 'free world' are addicted to their items, be it the clothes we wear or much of the elactronics we use.

4 years 2 weeks ago #682438 by nfatu8ed
Oh, and let's not forget that it was our own industrialists who moved their manufacturing offshore to places like China. Back in the late 80s here in Australia we had a similar downturn with local industries - they made the decision of either manufacturing offshore or going broke. If the USA (or Australia for that matter) wants to kickstart their manufacturing industries again they'll have to settle for a massive change in our labour laws in order to be competitive. And then there's the ghastly pollution to deal with.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024