Do any of you accept crypto currencies for your photography services?

1 year 2 months ago #748514 by Rudy Sosa
I just had someone offer me Bitcoin for a large wedding gig I’m going to be shooting for them.  What he is proposing equals to roughly 25% more than what I quoted them.  But I have Bitcoin given as payment, which for me, isn’t as liquid as cash.  But I’m tempted because he is over paying me by ~25% if I take Bitcoin for payment. 

Would you accept?

If you do accept crypto currencies, how do you get it liquid?  Or do you leave it for an investment?  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #748598 by Jerrid
Absolutely not, remember the value of Bitcoin was over $60,000 only 7 months ago.  It recently dropped below $20,000.  It is extremely volatile.  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #748606 by Razky
Cold hard cash, or find another sucker!

1 year 2 months ago #748751 by Overread
I wouldn't those prices are all over the place

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #748768 by icepics
No, seems too unstable. Who knows what the actual value would be when you'd get paid. They're dangling bait, let them find somebody else.

Sharon
Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749027 by Uplander
Not a chance!  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749065 by Sean Lamber
Let me check my investments from a couple years ago.  :blink:   investments worth 23% of what I invested?  Need I go further?  I'm going to ride this out and hope I come out ahead, but will not invest more.  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749179 by Owen
When you have seen your investments drop from something to nearly nothing, accepting or not accepting this currency is an easy answer.  I'm just glad that we didn't invest that much into it.  But still, it's just not a stable investment. 

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749206 by Francis
While I'm no pro with these sort of currencies, I just choose not to dive into them, too much volatility.  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749278 by Crammer
Hmmm let me think about this... No.  

Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749305 by Stanly
Depends on which currency we are talking about and how much.  1-1, not going to take it, if what I receive has risk value bundled into it, then yes.

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
1 year 2 months ago #749324 by Xavier
100% pass.  Cold hard cash only.  Real cash for me.  

1 year 1 month ago #749561 by Rudy Sosa
Yeah you all made some good points, I ended up declining the offer.  Client did end up paying with cash.  

Photo Comments
1 year 1 month ago #749645 by Kenta
You made the same decision I would have.   I have some crypto stashed away in a digital wallet that has gone down quite a bit in the last 12 months.  So that should answer your question from my standpoint.  

Photo Comments
1 year 1 month ago #749707 by J Photo Man
NO.

Nothing more to say on that.  Just to much risk. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024